



I am so excited! This is the first year in the past 5 years that we have had a real Christmas tree! Our first year of being married, we got a Christmas Around the World tree after our performance was over, so we had a flocked tree. I honestly can't remember our second Christmas...I don't think we got one that year because we were going to San Diego. Our first year in Indiana, we were on a very, very limited income, and when I mentioned to some friends I worked with at Bath & Body Works that we hadn't gotten a tree yet because we couldn't afford the extra expense, they were so nice and gave us an artificial tree with some ornaments and everything. It was so nice! We have had that tree the whole time we were in Indiana, but we threw it away before we moved because the stand was broken. So, this year we get a real tree!
I found a tree farm where you could go cut down your own tree, and they had a little train for the kids to ride, and free hot chocolate and cookies. We spent a very cold morning searching for the perfect tree. I took Little buddy into the lodge to get cookies, and he didn't want to go back outside because he was so cold. I think he ate about 5 cookies. My chin was numb...I was even that cold. It was about 30-35 degrees. I finally found a cute tree...it wasn't as big or full as T wanted, but it was a good shape and wasn't sparse in some spots. T cut it down, and they loaded it on top of the van, and off we went! Straight to Big Lots to get a tree stand, and a few other essentials, like blue lights! That is what Little buddy kept saying he wanted. " I want bwue lights" So we got some. I have always had white lights in the past, but this year I was wanting multi-colored ones, so I got those as well.
When we decorated the tree tonight, I decided I didn't want the blue lights on the tree (sorry little bud!) but I think we will use them outside on a bush or two instead. The rest of our outdoor lights are white. I also bought those animated deer to put in the front yard. I don't know why, but I just really wanted them this year! I found them at CVS for a pretty decent price. I tried to get them at Big Lots, but they were sold out. Darn! Anyway...we will have to save the outdoor decor for Monday or Tuesday night. But our tree sure looks pretty all lit up in front of the window! I love this time of year!
By the way, while we were getting the lights out to make sure they worked, half of one strand wasn't lighting up. Little buddy was yelling "Merry Christmas", and all of a sudden the lights started to work, so I told him that he made them work. So after that he continued to yell "Merry Christmas" at the top of his lungs. Such excitement!
I did splurge and get one non-essential item today. I bought the Little People Nativity for Little buddy. I do have a small collection of nativities, so I justified the purchase to some extent. It will definitely be part of our holiday decorations each year, and not a toy to play with all year long. I think it will be fun for the kids down the road. Little buddy is so excited about Christmas this year, that it is making me want to get him tons of things! I need to watch out! I have this stuffed snowman that I bought when we were in Provo still. It is the kind that you push the hand and it giggles, and shakes and sings Jingle Bells, and then says "Happy Holidays!" I put the batteries in today, and I kid you not that i have heard that thing about 100 times...in a row! Little buddy was really enjoying it. It was funny today, but I might not think the same thing later on...maybe once we get to 500, I will want to throw it out the window. We'll see! But I have really enjoyed seeing my son's excitement about everything this year. That's what makes Christmas so great as a parent I think.
We also have a new bedtime story. " The Polar Express". We read that to him Thursday night, and then it was on TV last night, so we watched it. He was so into it, he cried when the commercial break came on. It was really cute!
Well, off to make some hot chocolate so I can drink it in front of my newly decorated tree! Night-night!
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Oh Christmas Tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You're making me want to get into the Christmas spirit. I just haven't been allowing myself to do it yet!
Where did you find the Little People nativity set? I've been wanting one and haven't seen it anywhere!
I got it at Wal-Mart. I saw it online at Toys R' Us too.I think the price at both places was about the same.I just saw it when I was there, and grabbed it! I don't care if it was $3 more, or whatever. Now I don't have to waste a trip just for that.It's really cute...and the donkey has a mohawk. Cool.
How fun! I can't wait to decorate our yard for Christmas next year when we have a yard. That sounds like a cool tree farm. Hot chocolate...yum. Now I'm hungry.
The little people are so cool. Is there nothing they can't do?
How fun. We put our tree up last week, and we spent all day Saturday shopping trying to find lights for our house. We finally found some for outside and some new ones for our tree. We went to put them up today. I did the first two strands and then took out the 3rd box. Oops! I accidentally got two boxes of the white cord type of lights. I'll be returning them for the green cord type. Our tree is only half lighted now. It's pretty funny looking.
Post a Comment