Today was a sad, happy day. I don't know what to start off with first. Maybe the happy.
For Christmas, we recieved some gift cards to Home Depot, so last Tuesday, we went and picked out a mirror for our main floor half bath (the previous owners took the mirror with them...weird huh?) We also got paint and supplies to repaint the bathroom. It was painted a really ugly mustardy-beigey color. It was gross. Anyway...we chose a color called Vanilla Custard. It is a creamy white color, but with a hint of yellow. I didn't really want it to look yellow, but it isn't bad. We also got a white called Polar Bear to paint the trim. Anyway...fast forward to today. Tony painted today, and it looks so much better! It is brighter, and feels a bit bigger than it used to. Now I need to get some accessories to finish it up. I need to decide on the towel colors still, etc. And the mirror is so pretty. I really like it. It's been driving me nuts not to have a mirror in there.
We also took Logan to see Charlotte's Web today. Otherwise known as the "Wilbur movie". He was so excited! He has been asking to go see it since we took him to see "Happy Feet" last week. Anyway...it was a cute movie, and we all liked it. Logan seriously ate popcorn throughout the entire movie! Plus he was eating it before it even started, so it was like 2 hours of constant popcorn eating. He loves that stuff! It was a fun day together again, which is what I love.
And to end on a sad note. Today was my brother's birthday. He would have been 25. It was teary at times. We ordered pizza, and I made a cake in honor of his birthday. It just makes me sad. I miss him. I am sad that Logan doesn't get to know him. I am sad because I always feel like someone is missing in my family. I am just sad. It's not fair.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Sad, Happy Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Kerry, you made me cry. I wish there was a way I could cheer you up...but I'm at a loss.
Glad you have a mirror and a new color in your bathroom though...new colors on your walls are always exciting. Brett finished making a mantel for our fireplace (finally!!) and it's too bad you can't walk over adn see it! But when we get it sanded and stained I will take a picture and e-mail it. It is already VERY beautiful. He did a great job even though he says he sees a whole bunch of mistakes when he looks at it. No one else would notice, of course. Happy New Year!
--Kayli
p.s. my sister doesn't know where her rockin' chicken ended up, but she thought it was very funny that you wanted it!
p.s.s. So, how soon till you have a new baby girl?!?! Sheesh, it's close now, right?
Kayli, I have 4 1/2 weeks to go. Feb 1st is the day (or sooner, but hopefully not later.) I need to finish getting ready for the baby!
I typed something once and lost it. . .Kerry, it really isn't fair. We lost my grandpa a month ago. He was 90 and had lived a full life, so it wasn't like what you had to experience. But I have still thought about how Elise won't really know who he was. I have realized I will have to remember to share my memories of my grandpa with Elise. I think you can share the good memories and photos you have of your brother with Logan so he knows who he was and that you loved him. You're a tough girl. Hang in there. I'm sure your brother is thinking about you right now, too.
Thanks Andrea. Your post made me cry. I am sorry about your grandpa. It' sad to lose anyone close, no matter their age or circumstance.My last living grandpa just got diagnosed with cancer,and it is sad to know that soon, life will really not be the same. When my grandma passed away, at least we knew that grandpa was still there, but when he is gone, it's all different. I don't like change either.It's hard to grow up.
Kerry, I'm sorry you are sad. I bet he misses you too. I know how you feel. I spent last weekend with my grandpa and my two aunts. They're on my dad's side. Since he passed away when I was 9, there's always a hole when we get together. It's hard to not think about all the things I've missed out on. It's a reminder to cherish the people we have. I hope things get more peaceful for you.
Post a Comment