Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween FHE

So, today I wanted to do something a little more fun with Logan. I wanted to do this for a few reasons. 1) He seems like he really needs some attention, and maybe some one on one mommy time.He is always harrassing Avery, and I feel like I am yelling at him a lot, or sending him to time out. 2) I wanted to do something fun for Halloween.

I found some really cute and simple booklets to print off for Halloween. I glued the 5 little pumpkins pages on orange cardstock, and put the pages in page protectors to make a nice book. The "orange pumpkin, orange pumpkin" story, I just printed off the pages and let Logan color the pictures. We had fun, and it was fun to read them to daddy when he got home.

I also made some cookies. I let Logan decorate them with chocolate chips, and he had a good time. He sure likes cookies! We let Avery have some cookie too, and when I wasn't around, daddy put her on the floor to eat her cookie. What?? That's what high chairs are for! Unfortunately, it wasn't very smart to give her some since you can see her little face starting to break out. She has had some funny reactions to some foods on occasion. It isn't as bad as it used to be, so I am hopeful she will grow out of it soon. She loves to eat, and wants to eat everything!




After the cookies, we whipped out the pumpkins for the much anticipated carving. Logan had his very own little pumpkin, and I gave him a sharpie and told him to draw his face, and I would cut it out for him. He did, and it was such a great job! I slightly modified it, to allow room, but otherwise, his pumpkin's face he designed himself. He was sooo excited! He is getting really good at drawing all of a sudden.


6 comments:

Kayli said...

Love that one of Logan making a matching face to his jack-o-lantern.
Also, you looked muchisimo beautiful in your picture at the pumpkin patch. Fun fun.

Anonymous said...

Kerry- I was on Benny White's blog and saw your family's blog! I hope you do not mind that I peeked! I LOVE it! I have been so sad that I have not heard much about your family-only in bits and pieces. This filled me in. What a cute mommy you are!What darling children too. Aren't girls fun?!!! thanks for the recipes and FHE ideas. There is so much I want to share with you being a mommy with kids the same age-decorating, learning new things, vampire books, (and hubby's that teach early morning seminary) I miss our BYU friendship days! I have not started blog yet-but have been 'encouraged' by many who have to read my long emails.So I should get one up and running soon-I will let you know. Hope to hear from you!

The Allred Family said...

Hey guys! I just saw on the Wright's blog that you were engaged in front of the Hotel Del! We were, too! Crazy! Your kids are darling. Say hi to Tony for me!

Catherine said...

Logan is so cute with his jackolantern face. It sounds like you two had a great day. It's always so nice to have a little one-on-one time.

Ginger said...

I think I'm kind of dumb, why didn't I think of letting Sam design his own pumpkin? I will next year. Simple, and such a good idea. Silly Me.

amiee said...

hey kerry, i checked out your recipe blog. pretty cool. i'll have to try out some of those recipes when i'm feeling adventurous, and have caught up on some sleep after having this new baby! :0