Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What to say today?

I always think of things I should write in my blog, but when I actually get online to do so, I draw a blank. The weather is pretty frightful, and that makes me feel LAZY. The only thing I like to do on dreary days is bake. I already made a bran muffin mix that you can keep in the fridge for up to 6 weeks, so you can cook muffins whenever you want. I think I will just bake them up all at once, and then pop them in the freezer instead. Then I don't have to take up space in the fridge with the bowl of batter. I am feeling the urge to bake some cookies as well. I have a roast cooking in the crockpot for dinner too. It's actually a recipe called Machaca Beef from the Fix It and Forget It cookbook for Entertaining. You cook the roast with some onions, seasonings, water and green chiles, and then shred it up with salsa and use it for tacos, burritos or whatever. I bet I can freeze the leftovers of this too, can't I? We never seem to eat all the leftovers fast enough, so I better try and freeze what I can. I am getting hungry now!

So, I am feeling pretty proud of myself that I already have 4 gifts for my son for Christmas. I got him a train set and train table, a rug that has roads and houses and stuff on to drive little cars on, a Little Tykes mailbox, that he plays with at our friends house every time we are there (except now we have moved, so we don't get to play there anymore), and I just ordered a kit to make a quiet/reverence book for him for church. It was a bit pricey, but I am feeling really excited to make it for him! My mom made one for us when we were little, and I thought it was the neatest thing. Now I need to start thinking about gifts for my hubby, and the people in my family whose names we have this year. I also need to get cracking on making gifts for my downline. I am making them the covered lunchbox tins. I have 3 to make. I am not sure what to put inside...I certainly am not going to fill them with cards. Maybe a treat of some kind? We'll see.

I really can't wait until Monday the 27th. After that day, my husband will officially be finished with his phd dissertation, I can have my husband back, and we can get on with our lives. I have tried to be patient and understanding, but it sure is hard considering my pregnant emotions right now. I feel like I have been making a lot of effort, but sometimes I don't think he notices, so it is frustrating. Like I said...the end of the month can't come soon enough!

Well, I better be off to figure out if I am really going to make some cookies or not.

0 comments: