Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thoughts on being a housewife

I am not sure if I am really cut out to be one. I get too overwhelmed. I try and keep things picked up and tidy, but I turn around and it seems like everything is undone again. I don't like this vicious cycle. Little buddy is at the age where he tends to leave little things scattered about...everywhere! I am getting a bit bigger seeing as I have aout 2 1/2 months to go before baby #2 arrives, and frankly, I have no desire to be bending down all the time trying to pick things up. I try and ask my 2 1/2 year old to help me pick things up and put them away in his toy basket, but he takes one thing and comes back with two more. T has been busy writing his dessertation, so I try not to bug him too much to help right now. He used to be so good at helping me do chores( actually, he did most of them at times!) but not lately. Having a bigger house has its pros and cons. The pro is that there is generally a place to put things away. The con is that there are more rooms to get messy, and therefore clean. I am trying though, and succeeding in most cases.

I have to tell you...having a dishwasher and a garbage disposal really is the best! I am even willing to do dishes now. T used to be the dishwasher...for the past 6 1/2 out of 7 1/2 years we have been married. We only had a dishwasher in our first apartment in Indiana, and even then we didn't use it all the time because of the gross hard water stains it would leave on everything. Yuck! Anyway...I think he has been happily relieved of his previous dishwashing duties. He does load the dischwasher for me after dinner on most occassions. Usually, Little buddy and I are stiill at the table, and he is up and has the dishwasher loaded and started before we are even done. Now that's fast!

On a different note, Little buddy has been addictted to Charlie Brown lately. I got the three disc set at Sam's Club that has the halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas ones in it. He loves watching Charlie Brown try and kick the football and then fall down. He even re-enacts it. It's funny. I am a bit concerned however, because at the store yesterday, I heard him mutter something under his breath that sounded like "stupid". I looked at him and said.."What did you say?" And he replied " said stupid like Charlie Brown". Yikes! I don't want him to be saying that! I told him we didn't say that word, and I haven't heard him say it since, so let's hope it sinks in. We might have to ban Charlie Brown if he learns to be mean from it.

We also ran into a girl from church at the store, and she had her almost 3 year old with her. Little buddy, and this little boy had a yelling match at each other saying " My house!" "No, my house!" " No, my house!" back and forth. Both of us kept trying to tell them to be quiet and not yell, etc. etc. Well, Little buddy must have been getting fed up with this other little boy because all of a sudden, he said " stop it kid" to the little boy. I was so surprised! I made him tell the little boy he was sorry. I know that one is my fault, because I do tell him to stop it when he is throwing a fit, or misbehaving. My sweet little boy is definitely in the midst of his 2's. He's really not too terrible though. He has his moments.

Well, only a little over a week until Thanksgiving! My parents are coming, so I am excited to show them my new house, and the new area we live in. We are the only ones in both our families to be living in the boonies of America, so we don't get visitors very often. I am excited!

0 comments: