so, I thought I would share a map with you all that shows where the fires have burned, where they are currently burning, and the evacuation areas so you can see where it is in relation to my parents home. There is a key on the right of the map, but light pink is where the fire has burned, red is obviously where it is burning, and purple is the mandatory evacuation areas.
Go here.
Zoom in to 50%, and then scroll down to show El Cajon. In the bottom left corner of square 1252, is where my parents live.So, thankfully they are right out of reach of the fire, but awfully close.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Fire Map
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I can't believe that CA is burning again!!! My dad was the only one at our house when the fires happened last time. I'm soooo glad your family is okay. Scott Bennion was told to evacuate his home but he stayed there to protect it against looters. I can't believe how close it is to home!
Love,
Heidi
Wow, that's really close. I'm glad they're okay and don't have to evacuate.
So glad your parents house is ok. Matt was also close to that - they are in Carlsbad - and he didn't go to work for a few days because his office was closed.
I was just catching up on your blog and have to comment on all your great things - love the pillowcase and I really want to try that chili! I too read Eclipse and had major withdrawl for weeks! So hang in there! Can't wait for the 4th book.
We were praying for your parents and Tim and Ashley all week. I'm so glad that none of them had to evacuate, but I feel so bad for the thousands of people that lost their homes.
I finally met Marisa (sp?) last week! We were at the library storytime and she heard me say Trey's name and it clicked! We are actually moving into their ward, as we closed on a house yeseterday!
And I keep meaning to tell you--I tried both the spinach, chicken, and pasta salad and the lasagna soup and both were delicious! I used rice vinegar instead of white wine vinegar and it tasted very asian. Anyway, thanks!
Julie, that's a good thought about rice vinegar. I am sure it would taste really yummy! I am glad you liked the recipes!
Post a Comment