Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I am still here...anxiously waiting

I thought I would post so you all know I HAVEN"T had the baby yet. I am still just dinking around, waiting for something to happen. Yesterday, I didn't feel like doing anything. I took Logan over to a friend's house to play, and for me to get out of the house to socialize as well. You don't feel as guilty about not getting anything done if you aren't home. Today I felt like I better get a few more things done so I really feel ready for the baby when it is time.

I felt quite productive today. I folded a load of whites, and washed some colors, and two loads of towels. I am just waiting for the last load of towels to finish drying so I can put them away. I will need to wash a load of Logan's clothes, with a few more baby things thrown in. I have to wait for Logan to wake up first though. Once that is done, the laundry will all be up to date.

I also put the pack and play together, and got that ready. It is in our room, and will take the place of a bassinet since we don't have one. I umloaded the dishwasher, and got some dishes loaded. I made a batch of brownies (Marisa' recipe) because you know how much of a priority that is! I then layed by Logan until he fell asleep for his nap. I decided lately that Iwould rather get a bit of rest in myself by doing that than having to chase him and put him back in bed about 50 times over an hour or more. He fell asleep after about 30-40 minutes of me laying by him.

Since my laundry was done, Icould finally jump in the shower since I had some clean clothes. Nice that it was after 3 in the afternoon, but whatever. You do what you gotta do. And it snowed today, so I wasn't going anywhere anyway...why bother getting ready?

I cleaned my room, and I think that all those random things are done so Idon't have to worry about them if the baby were to come now. So I don't have any food, and I really should go to the store, but I don't want to go anywhere.

Instead of nesting, I have had the urge to bake. Hence the brownies today. Since Heather's post on her blog about homemade bread, I have been really wanting to give it a try. I have only made bread in the breadmaker. I need two more loaf pans however, and I am almost out of flour, so I need that too. I also am having this insane urge to make some freezer jam. I have never made this before either. I would get the huge bag of frozen strawberries from Sam's Club, and use that. But I also need some containers, and the pectin, etc. So, overall I am in a dilemma since I don't want to go to the store. Hmmm...what's a pregnant girlwith an urge to do?

My mom flies in tomorrow afternoon. So, acording to her I will go into labor after she gets here. Maybe I will have my hospital bag in the car, and then I can just go straight to the hospital after we get her from the airport. If only things like this could be planned so easily.

Again, I need prayers that I will go into labor on my own, and that I will be able to have a successful VBAC. That's all I ask for...and a healthy baby girl. I will keep you all updated! Maybe the next time I post, I will have a picture of a new baby to post as well!

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

Congratulations on all you accomplished today. Doesn't it feel good to get stuff done? I love those types of dats.

Andrea said...

Kerry, I actually hope we get to see a photo of a cute baby girl soon, too! How exciting! That's great your mom will be there so soon. You'll be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'll be checking the next couple days. What are you going to name her?