So Heather...your bad day from yesterday must have been contagious, because I had an awful day today. I have had that song running through my head all night.
It didn't start off too terribly. I am still sick, so I wasn't feeling 100%, but I was functional. After a slightly slow morning, we went to the store to get a few items (one of them being a birthday gift for Tony) and by the time we got home it was lunchtime. I was sooooo tired by this point. I just wanted to go to bed. We had lunch, and then I tried to put Logan down for a nap. It was an awful battle again today, and it ended up with him not napping at all, and therefore neither did I. I was soooo upset at him that I didn't want to be around him. After making him stay in his room until 4 p.m. (I had to physically hold the doorknob so he couldn't open his door) I told him to go downstairs. He did, and I went in my stamp room to try to calm down and just cried. After a while I heard him playing downstairs and being so cute. But then he came back up and started getting into all my stuff, and making me more upset and aggravated again. And of course of all days, Tony was later getting home than usual. Iam not giving every detail of this awful afternoon, so you will just have to believe me when I say it was truly awful. The mean mommy came out, and my throat hurt after all the yelling I did. Which doesn't have any effect on the kid at all, so I should remember that next time. And the worst part is, when I put him in his bed and I am crying and telling him that mommy is sad because she is sick, and he gives me a kiss to make it better. How am I supposed to stay mad at that sweet little thing? The fact that he can have me yelling at him one second, and then he is so concerned about me that he gives me a kiss right after I have been yelling at him. He is just so sweet and forgiving, and it makes me feel so awful. But by golly, I was exhausted out of my mind, and sick on top of it, and 9 months prego on top of that...what's a girl to do? How on earth am I going to do this with two? Is it too late to change my mind at this point? No, I would never change my mind, but it is making me seriously wonder about my future sanity.
I am ready to hit the hay now. Just had to thank Heather for passing on the grief. I hope no one else catches it.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Bad days must be contagious
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Kerry, I'm sorry for passing on the grief. It's not supposed to be contagious. I do have to admit though that I really do like that song. I also think the music video is very cute. John has the piano music for that song and plays it on our piano quite often. Our girls totally recognize the song too. In the video the two people are both having horrible weeks, but in the end they end up together and are happy. I hope things look up for you.
I'm sorry Kerry. Things will get better, not worse, when you have your cute baby. (After a very little while when you will still be crazy.) And it will even make up for it.
I hate when I have bad mommy days. Just do what you can. Use the dvd player a lot, right? :)
I think we can all relate, Kerry. It is funny after the kids are in bed and then you miss their sweet little faces. LOL.
Post a Comment