Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Tony!

Today was Tony's 32nd birthday. I can't believe he's so old! I guess I will be turning 30 in a few months, so I am getting old too. Yikes!

I feel bad though, because all my intentions to make Tony have a good birthday fell through. I am still feeling crummy today so I wasn't even able to get him his birthday presents. After my doctor appointment this morning, Logan and I decided to go to Cookies by Design and get a Happy Birthday cookie on a stick with a balloon to take to Tony at work. We then met Tony at work to have lunch and Logan gave "Daddy" his Happy Birthday cookie. Logan was really wanting the balloon for himself. Tony didn't want anyone in his office to know it was his birthday, so he made us bring his cookie and balloon home instead of taking it back to his desk. What a party pooper.

When we got home, it was nap time. It did take Logan a little while to go to sleep, but he stayed in his bed this time and actually napped.That was good for me, but I had a hard time getting to sleep between not being able to breathe, and not being able to get comfortable. Overall, it was pretty miserable. Tony got home around 4:30, and I felt awful because I hadn't picked up the house, or wrapped the one present I did have for Tony. I was also going to make an apple pie, and put up a Happy Birthday sign. That didn't happen.Tony said he didn't care. He doesn't usually care about much hoopla for his birthday, but I do. I think birthdays are special, and I enjoy having a fuss made for me for mine, so I guess I want to do the same for him.

We did end up going out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate. Logan had a blast eating peanuts...shells and all. We then came home and opened Tony's two gifts. One was from my mom, and the other was from me. He was pretty happy with just those. I think tomorrow will be Tony's birthday part 2. I will get a few other gifts I wanted to get for him, and make him his birthday pie. I just hope I feel well enough to carry out my plans. I just want him to have a good birthday.

But on a good note...I convinced my sister to start a blog! Yippee! I am getting people on the blog train! Check out her blog...her name is Kristy (see link under my links)! Leave her good comments on her fabulous first post. I am sure you will all enjoy it! Now it's time for this sick mama to go to bed!

I forgot to add that I am a snowman killer. Our neighbors built a snowman in the middle of the cul-de-sac yesterday. I backed out of my driveway this morning and ran into the snowman, beheading it. How awful am I? I got out of the car and did my best to put his head back on. It was o.k., but not quite the same. Logan was saying "Mommy, you ran into the snowman?" Yes I did. I am a horrible, awful person. I killed the snowman.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Your snowman story is hilarious! I laughed so hard. You need to post the "Had a Bad Day" video on your blog too!

Have hope, maybe feeling so crappy means something. When I was pregnant with Dave and Liz, one of the worst days ever was the day before I went into labor. I felt so sick and tired (more so than being nine months pregnant). I was dilating. Maybe you are too! I'm predicting a VBAC...

Andrea said...

That was great. . .at least you tried to fix his head. :)

I totally understand about the birthday thing. Birthdays are big deals in my family, but Tyler never wants me to make to big of a deal. He especially doesn't want me to spend any money which makes it even harder.

I hope you can get some sleep--it get rough at the tailend. Hang in there!