Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another first

I have to document this for posterity, so I apologize in advance if it is too much information.

Avery accomplished another "first" yesterday. She bit me. Ow! For a baby with no teeth, it hurt like the dickons. Of course it caught me off guard, and so I yelled really loud, and it made her cry.So, sad, right? But what about the momma in pain? I am afraid to feed her now because I keep expecting her to do it again. She did it 2 more times later in the day! She will be 7 months old on Sunday. I am not ready to wean her yet, but if she keeps this up I may have no choice! Anyway, she is still cute as ever. She actually may have a tooth trying to pop through, but I can't tell for sure. Logan was 7 1/2 months old when he got his first tooth, so I know the time is approaching. It really is amazing how fast time flies.

So, I went to an At Home America party last night. I really, really want to be able to decorate my house. I have some cute ideas now, but have to get things one at a time.

And I found something else really cool. Have you seen this site? You can totally download software for free that will format your blog into a book. You can then pay to have it printed out like a real book! You can also do this with recipes and other things. What a great idea for gifts1 Perhaps when I hit my 1 year mark with my blog, I will get it published. Then I can do it every year and have volumes. That would be cool. What an easy way to have a journal!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Kerry, if you keep an eye on her you should be able to stop her from biting. If she's latched on right she won't be able to bite really, so if you see her stopping latching on or otherwise being silly, you can quickly finish the nursing session and hopefully not get bit! I only ever got bit while babies were falling asleep nursing and they did it on accident, but boy do I understand the pain.

Kerry said...

Oh you better believe I am watching her like a hawk now when she eats! I made it through bite free today, thank goodness.

Maren said...

I've had that problem with both my babies, too. I'd try to stop them before hand, but sometimes they'd still sneak a bite in. I would flick them on the cheek if they bit me and say loudly and sternly "NO". (Nothing hard, just to catch their attention.) It upset Spencer so much that he only bit me one more time after that. Josh would just smile at me like "what are you gonna do about it, lady?" So since the flicking didn't really work with him, I got him where it hurt - I stopped nursing immediately. He hated that because there was nothing in the world he loved more than nursing!

Heather S. said...

Just testing my new signature on your blog. Don't mind me.

amiee said...

Oh is this what I have to look forward to with nursing? YIKESKI!!! :) I like that one comment about saying "no" with a nice little cheek flick. funny that her other baby could've cared less, though. That will be my kind of luck!