My life as I know it will be changing starting tomorrow. Bright and early, as a matter of fact. So early, I don't think it will be bright yet. We are talking approximately 4:45 a.m. early. My sweet slumber may be interrupted at about this time not by my children (although it might be them too), but by Tony. He will be making a regular routine of getting up in the morning around this time to prepare for his latest church assignment. If you haven't guessed it yet, I will tell you. Tony has been asked to teach Seminary. Oh the joys! He will be teaching the Old Testament to a class of 12 High School Freshman every school day for the entire school year.This means that not only will he be getting up so early to go teach early morning seminary beginning at 6 a.m., but he will also have to devote a few hours of his evening to preparing his lessons, and a big chunk on Sundays as well. I am saying bye bye to family time, and bye bye to my husband. He will be going to bed around 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Supposedly a calling such as this brings blessings, so I hope so. I am the one that will have to be patient, and that can be hard for me at times.
On the other hand, I do think it is exciting, and it will be a wonderful learning opportunity for Tony. Just think about how much he will learn about the Old Testament? My goal is to try to study along with what his class is doing, so I can also learn. We will see how that goes. I think I for sure need to purchase the "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" CD to get me in the mood for the OT. For some reason, ever since I have been thinking of the stories, I have had songs from this musical in my head.(Check out the YouTube video in my next post!It's Donny Osmond, and it's pretty awesome!)I just told Tony he should play it for his class, and he didn't think it was as funny as I did. How is he going to keep his freshman awake you ask? Well, this is pretty humorous actually. At their orientation, when he was introducing himself, he mentioned that he was on the Folk Dance Team at BYU.He told them that if they fell asleep, he would make them get up and do folk dancing in front of the class.I think that's awesome.
Anyway...I will keep you updated.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
The adventure begins...bright and early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! That's incredible! Incredibly HARD!!! Those kids should feel lucky to get Tony though.
Woo hoo early morning seminary! I forgot that even existed! You can tell I've lived in Utah for too long. Though I did my part with that, meaning, I had to get up that early for my 4 yrs of high school in Louisiana..except our teacher was so boring! Tony will be great! Good luck with the patience thing on your part :) BTW, liked the song from You Tube. Never heard it. Nor have I seen the musical. But of course I've heard OF it, though. :)
Dave taught seminary for a year while we lived in Virginia and it was awesome for him. I am sure Tony will love the experience.
Hi by the way. I don't think I've ever left a comment before but I pop into your blog from Shane's every so often.
Post a Comment