These are just some pictures of our backyard being flooded! It has been storming pretty good since late last night, and now our backyard is one big puddle. There is a creek that runs behind our house, and a drainage ditch as well that runs into the creek. Before church today I was in Avery's room getting her dressed and happened to look out the window. I saw the big pools of water in the trees and at first just thought it was a puddle. The closer I looked, and the more I looked I realized how high the water in the dithc and creek were, and that it was overflowing the banks in some places. This is way cool. Kind of exciting! Our house isn't that close, so I am not too worried about our house flooding, but if you noticed, there is a picture of the pipe from the sump pump draining. Our sump pump has been spouting out tons of water every few minutes it seems. I am glad it is working! If it quit working on us, we would be in big trouble! Anyway...before dinner I put on my flip flops and waded my way through the muck to take these pictures. It was fun. It was really pretty in a crazy, wet kind of way.
Here is the beautiful birthday cake my visiting teacher brought me. I was going to take it to my mommy/daughter night at my friends house to share, but I caught Logan taking one of the candles out, licking it, then putting it back on the cake, so I decided I better not share such a thing with non-family members. I am not sure how many of the other candles he had done the same thing too when I wasn't watching!
I had a really fun time at our girl's night. There were 6 of us "big" girls, and about 10 little kids. We had some yummy food, and nice conversation. The first girl left at 9 because she had to go pick up her husband from the airport. The next few girls left around 10:30. There were 3 of us left at this point and we had a good discussion until about 12:30 when one of the girls left. I ended up staying and talking to Hillary (whose house it was at) until 2:30! Avery was sound asleep in the swing, and Hillary had to feed her baby at about 2 a.m. anyway (plus her little girl woke up a few times after 12 anyway, so she was up. There is nothing as therapeutic as some really good girl talk. I think we both really needed that, even though we haven't quite recovered from our late night! It was fun.
So that was my birthday week-end. I had a nice birthday, and now I need to try to act like the 30 year old that I am! I guess it is time to grow up. I will start tomorrow.(Well, we will sure try anyway!)



2 comments:
Okay, that just looks like so much fun. I want to play in the water too!
Oh man, I checked this blog as soon as I got some free time because I've been hearing about the tornados down there. I'm glad that everything is ok where you are.
Girls nights are the best. I'm so glad you had fun. Happy Birthday. Don't say you have to be mature yet because I'll be 30 in October and I'm not done partying!
Post a Comment