...or the adventure perhaps? We are officially embarking down the potty training road. I have been working with Logan for almost a year off and on. Back in Indiana I bought him a little potty seat. I would sit him on it every now and then. He was actually really good about it, and would go when I put him on it. I decided not to pursue it too much until after we moved so we could be settled in our new house first. Then, I was pregnant and never felt very motivated to crack down and get serious about it. I really wanted to have him trained before the baby was born,but that didn't happen. Here we are, one month away from Logan's third birthday, and I have to buckle down and get this kid trained!
So, this morning I decided to try a new approach. I had been having him sit to go, so I thought we would see if he could try standing up. I said "Logan, do you want to go shoot in the potty like daddy?" That got his attention and he was actually excited about it. So he stood on the stool, and I told him to shoot in the potty. Sure enough he did it! he was really excited about this new way, and so was I. I gave him the choice of wearing a diaper or his underpants, and he chose the underpants. I then took him to go shoot in the potty about every 20 minutes or so, and he was willing and excited to go every time. We gave high-fives, and I gave him some candy a few times after he went. I was good enough to get him there in time each time, and he didn't have any accidents. When it was nap time, I put him in a diaper, and gave him a break for a while. We started up again after he woke up and he wanted to show daddy how he could shoot in the potty. Again he chose to wear his underwear instead of a diaper. We played outside for a while and came in once to go shoot in the potty, and then when we came back inside, we went to go potty and then got a diaper on for bedtime. He was even starting to try and put his own pants on by himself which he hasn't done before. I hope this feeling of being a big boy lasts.
There is one thing we need to work on though. Before you read any further, I am warning you all that this may be TMI (too much info), so stop reading if you don't want to know. Now that I have peaked your curiosity, I will preface this by saying that I am recording this for posterity's sake. I am sure one day down the road, Logan will want to know what kinds of things he did when he was little, and this way I will be able to tell him.As well as his future wife. It may not be anything too shocking for any other potty training mom out there. Let me know if I am not alone. When he dribbled a bit down his leg, he stuck his finger in it and then.....guess what he did? He put it in his mouth! Sicko sick sick sick! No matter how much I kept telling him that we don't eat our pee pee, he kept doing it. I am so disgusted. This is definitely a fun adventure. I hope it is over soon!
I apologize for the disgusting-ness. Moms don't have a lot of other things to talk about except diapers, poop, snot, spit-up, etc. Oh the lives we lead.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
The journey has begun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh, the things I have to look forward to. Great!
Wow! That's so great! That just convinces me that waiting until they are a little older is better, I did Dave too early. I hope that the success continues! Keep us posted. Keep praising him and rewarding him. I've found that the day I get complacent is the day they have an accident.
PS. Makeover? You look beautiful! If you need a makeover than I need an overhaul!
put cheerios in the potty and have him shoot in the middle of the cheerio. Just another fun game for him to do to keep him entertained and potty training fun.
TOOO funny. Elise hasn't tried that yet. . . I hope she doesn't! I'm hoping to try potty training again within the next few months for good. Glad I can use you as a sounding board. :)
Post a Comment