Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Photo update




This little blue couch was one of the best investments I made when Logan was little. It has gotten much use...not only from Logan, but from any other little kids who might be over. Even Avery has been taking advantage of it! The Easter Bunny did bring my little miss one of her own, but I don't have a picture of it yet. Anyway...it makes for a very good napping place, as you can see from the above pictures! It's so cute!



Logan is so silly these days! He came walking in to the kitchen the other day all proud of himself because he was wearing Avery's pajama pants.Crazy kid!I can't believe they fit him!



Logan was being creative one day and came downstairs wearing Avery's changing table pad on his back. He informed me that he was being a ninja turtle.



Hello there. Meet Farmer Buckethead everyone. And please tell me why the shirt is always MIA when Logan dons other costume paraphernalia? He cracks me up!

He also came up with a very creative/imaginative game the other day that I had to get on video. I can't figure out how to get the clip actually on my blog, but here is a link to watch it.





Avery has become very interested in feeding herself these days, and it isn't always pretty! Sometimes I am a good mom and let her enjoy herself and develop her fine motor skills, and sometimes the tyrannical, controlling mother steps in and insists on feeding her so there is no mess involved. Obviously this was oone of the good mom times. I just didn't want to hear her scream...it is NOT a pretty sound.

Last Saturday, we hosted an easter egg hunt at our house for some friends and their kids. We have a pretty good sized yard, and it seemed like the obvious way to put it to good use. We had 4 families over for a potluck lunch, and then had the kids go find their eggs. We had 11 kids and 10 adults. We had yummy food,good company, and the kids had a great time finding eggs. Two of the kids went hog wild and ended up with like 20 eggs. This was just fine though, because some of the younger kids were perfectly happy with the first few they had found, and had to be encouraged and helped to find more. I think on average each kid ended up with around 10 eggs each.I was too busy being a hostess to get tons of pictures...I always forget about taking them when I am caught up in the moment, but I did manage to get a few of my kids.





I am getting very excited for the spring to pop up and stick around for a while! I need some sunshine and warm days to get me out of my winter slump! I can tell it's right around the corner!

6 comments:

Gigi said...

Fun times Kerry!

Whitney said...

Don't you just love the ways kids figure out to be creative with everyday stuff! They are such funny little people. Looks like you had a fun Easter. Cute pics!

heidi and tom said...

Yea for updated pictures....love the ones of Logan and his outfits...what character!! Your easter egg hunt looks fun too!

Lindsay said...

Logan reminds me of Khi...Creative all the way! They make for the best laughs!

Andy & Alicia said...

I love all these pictures, Logan cracks me up. I DO NOT want to be the wedding planner. A few years ago when i was deciding what i wanted to do with my life, i used to think i wanted to be a party planner type person, I am so happy that never happened!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

How FUNNY is he?!! I really like how he has to have the music playing first from the ball popper (we have that exact same toy... I htink every household has one) I alos think he is aSTUD going shirtless-ha ha. I jsut love Avery's hair color AND I am glad to know that Dacie's screaming protests are NOT abnormal (check out my latest post). Looks like you had a good time at Easter. I bet you are a wonderful hostess!