Friday, March 14, 2008

Blanding trip

Well, now that I have been home a few days, and have gotten some things out of the way, I can finally post about our trip to Utah.

Tony's parents got called to serve a mission for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). They got called to the Ghana Cape Coast Mission. The funny thing is, they won't ever be serving in Ghana. They will be in a little country called Benin.It is entirely french speaking, so Mom gets to learn french!Won't that be fun! Anyway,we were able to go home for their farewell. It was so fun to be with the family. Logan had a blast playing with his cousins. It is so hard when we have to leave. It makes me feel so sad for him that he has to come back home to live like a little hermit child. Logan has so many boy cousins, and they tend to get along really well. Here at home, Logan's closest friends are girls, so it was fun for him to get to be with the boys, and do boy things.



Here is a picture of almost all the grandkids. Avery was napping, so she missed out. And I think baby Garrett was missing as well as Megan. We were lucky to be there for Tony's sister Jody's baby's blessing as well.





One of Logan's favorite things to do is get teased by Uncle Andy. He found Logan a new time-out spot while we were there! All in fun, of course.I had to get pictures. Avery even let Uncle Andy carry her around everywhere, but of course I didn't get pictures of that! I am so glad Logan has Uncle Andy. It makes me sad that he doesn't have his Uncle Derrick too. My brother would have been just as fun as Uncle Andy, so he could have had 2 fun uncles! I miss my brother, especially in times like this when I realize my kids won't get to know him. He was a great brother, and a great uncle.




Of course, Logan spent time doing his faavorite thing...jumping...on the trampoline! He was out there for almost all afternoon after church and dinner. He was having a blast. He even was tolerant of the dog Ruby, jumping up on the picnic table to sit by him. He must have been really distracted by all the fun for that not to bother him! On Saturday night, while at a big extended family dinner, Logan had an accident. He was outside and got scared of the dogs, and while he was backing away in terror, he fell over the tricycle and hurt his ear pretty bad. It was all red and it was even bleeding a bit in one spot.Poor guy. I wish he would get over his fear of dogs. When you ask him why dogs are scary, he says "that because they lick you and I don't want to be licked." Okee dokee.




I can't forget pictures of Avery. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera out much, and when I tried to take her picture, she would come after me, so this is what I would get. I did manage to catch her stealing baby Garrett's bottle though!

Before I end my post, I must mention the friends I was able to sneak in visits with on our way to and from the airport. When we flew in on Friday, we were able to meet my friend Heidi and her family for lunch at Training Table. It's always fun to see her if only for an hour or so! On our way home Monday, we met Heather and her little girl Alexa, who is Logan's age for lunch at McDonald's. We met there so the kids could play. It was helpful for Logan to get some energy out after being in the car for almost 5 hours, and before we were to get on the airplane. The kids were very good on the plane. It was Avery's very first flight! Logan is a pretty seasoned traveler, and loves airplanes. Tony actually held Avery on both flights. That was a nice break for me. She is so wiggly, I think my arms would have been tired. I was able to get some reading in of the book I am reading for book group. Overall, the trip went very smoothly, and it was definitely nice to see and spend time with family. Again, it makes me sad when we have to come home. I really hate being so far away from family!

3 comments:

finnish mama said...

It WAS fun seeing you (this is Heidi by the way- just on my mom's computer)!!! I love our little visits and I miss living close to you...it's been WAY too long!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Go Elder and Sister Black! Love good ol' Blanding, I hear ya it is HARD to be away from family! Uncles are the coolest (ecspecially if they are married to an Alicia-ha ha ha ha)Glad it went well, have fun writing missionary(s) again!I am not sure Dacie would have mad eht plane ride! Hey, I tagged you on my blog when you get time (or are interested in that stuff)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

BTW- I am so SORRY about your brother-it tugs at my heart strings. You really DON"T realize those kind of things (your children never knowing them personally). I always take that for granted. What can you do w/ your children to make sure they know a little bit about your brother? I am just wondering how to do that w/ grandparents etc. and my children!