I have so much to post about, and no time right now. I even had a post all written and ready to go on Monday, but events have come to pass that ar more important right now.
My Grandpa passed away early Tuesday morning. I knew it was coming, but it is still sad when it does. He is with my grandma and my brother now, and that is wonderful. I know he is so happy, and at peace, and free from the complications that come with an old, worn-out, sick body. My grandpa was so special. There is no one like him, and I have so many wonderful memories of him throughout my life.
I am making arrangements to drive out to Idaho for the funeral. It will be a fast trip, which I am sad about. If there was a way that I could stay longer to visit my family, I would love it!17 1/2 hours of driving with kids, in the middle of winter across I-80 is not exactly the most pleasant sounding trip, and it does worry me a bit. All I can do is pray things will go smoothly, so we can get there safely.
Hopefully when I get back I will be able to post about Avery's birthday from last Saturday. She is a big one-year old now!I can't believe how time flies!
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Sorry about your Grandpa, Kerry! I hope you have a safe trip.
So sorry Kerry about your loss. Congrats on your beautiful one-year old. And make sure you drive safely! Hear back from you soon.
I'm so so sorry about your Grandpa! I bet its great feeling to know that he is with your Grandma and brother though. You guys drive safe!
So sorry about your loss. What a positive outlook you have.
It is hard to lose your grandparents even when it is better for them and planned. If you did not love them then it would not hurt...but you did!!! It is a bummer when it becomes too expensive to fly and your hubby's have limited time off of work. If I lived close to you I would drive with you and stay and visit my family~wanna move to Arizona?. Enjoy the time you do have and hug cutie Avery!!!Happy Belated birthday
Sorry about your grandpa! That is always hard...sad but good at the same time. I hope you have a good trip to Idaho.
Post a Comment