Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The End-of our trip that is!

Ok, I better rap this up! It has stretched out long enough!

We left IF around 6 p.m. Sunday evening. Traveling was actually quite good, and we had no problems at all. We got really drowsy around 11 or so, and ended up stopping in Rawlins for the night. It was soooo windy! Yuck! we got a decent night's sleep, and got back on the road the next morning by around 8 a.m. Not too far outside of Rawlins, the weather turned cloudy and started to snow. I was hopeful it would only be for a bit, and that the rest of the trip wouldn't be like this! That would have been another miserable day in the car! We were lucky, and while we went throuogh the occasional snowy patch in Wyoming, once we hit Nebraska, the skies were clear as were the roads, so we made good time the rest of the day! I did have to drive for quite a while once we hit better weather. Tony needed a break, and he also had a conference call that he wanted to try to be on as long as we had cell phone coverage. After stopping for a potty break,we went through the drive-through at Wendy's, and I decided yet again, that another pick me was was required. I decided to get what I think seems to be the most popular caffeinated beverage among women anyhow...at least I knew that was what most people ordered when I worked in a restaurant...so I got a diet coke. So sorry again to all you fans. I just don't see what tastes good about it? I have decided I must really not be a cola fan at all.Sorry. I tried, I really did. It served its purpose however and kept me alert enough to keep driving!

We finally made it home around 8:30, only to walk in to the house and be greeted by a hideously high-pitched beeping, coming from all the smoke detectors in our house, it seemed. Sadly to say, we haven't changed the batteries in our alarms since we moved in, so it took some trial and error and quite a while of effort to finally figure out how to turn the horrendous noise off! I left the kids in the van in the garage, so it wouldn't hurt their ears. Once that was taken care of, the kidlets were put right to bed, and we were happy to be home, safe and sound!

Stay tuned for another travel adventure next month! Tony's parents got their mission call to Ghana, and so we will be heading out to Utah for the farewell in just a few more weeks. We will be flying this time into SLC, and then renting a car to drive the rest of the way. Fun times, fun times!

I will be sure to finally get my pictures from my camera, so i can post about Avery's birthday! Poor thing, getting pushed to the side by more important travel reports!

9 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

I love to read your posts, you are so funny. I am excited to see you guys in a few weeks. It'll be so fun to have the whole family in Blanding.

Lindsay said...

You're coming to Utah?! So help me if you don't give me a call!

Mary said...

Ghana! Wow! That's great!

heidi and tom said...

Whew! Glad you made it home safely! Can't wait to hear about Avery's b-day. Sooo cool about T's parent's mission call. WHAT an adventure that will be!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am glad you are home safe and sound!! Don;t your beds feel so yummy after a long vacation in different sleeping accomodations and LONG drives?
AAAAAAHHHH! I did not know Tony's parents had turned in their papers!! please tell them I am so HAPPY! Ghana-holy cow!!!! My g-parents opened the mission in Ziare-- Africa is a DIFFERENT world! Good luck getting unpacked and then re-packed. Hopefully the snow will have slowed down there! maybe you can keep going while you are in blanding and come visit the warm arizona weather?

Linnea said...

You are funny! A couple in my ward just got back from Ghana...they loved it....

amiee said...

Kerry, your friend Heidi put a comment on my blog and I wanted to say hello to her--but her blog is private (which is fine). However, she looks SUPER familiar (and has darling kids) in her picture, so I was just wanting some more details to help jog my memory. I really have a HORRIBLE memory. She didn't live with us, did she???? I feel like I have definitely hung out with her or something. I am so lame! I hate my memory!!!

amiee said...

ah yes!! thank you! wasn't it her shower or something we went to, and that is where they begged me to take the little Miss Quita. Awww I miss her, that is a sad story! Anyhow, she must have hung out at our house a bunch b/c i totally am remembering her more now! cool!

A & M Ras said...

You do not know me but I linked to you from Heidi's blog. I saw the info on your in-laws going to Ghana on their mission. My bro went to Ghana and is in Utah so if they need any advice let me know.

Marissa
PS Our blog is Andy and Marissa on Heidi's.