Thursday, February 28, 2008

Enrichment Program and nerves!

I have been unusually nervous and stressed about the enrichment program I am heading up for next week's Relief Society enrichment night. I took on the reasonably big task of putting together a program called "Sisters of Light" by Jenny Phillips. It is a really beautiful program consisting of 6 songs, and narration. Since March is the Relief Society's birthday, this program is perfect since it talks about the beginning of the RS program, and focuses on women in general. It really will be a beautiful program and I know the evening will go well, but I can't help worrying about little organizational details.

We have had a few rehearsals recently where I have been able to hear the solos, and they are all so pretty. I love how each woman singing has their own unique voice, and it just adds so much to the overall feel of the program.It really helps emphasize how we are all so different, yet we are all the same.

Anyway...I might just be dealing with a constant upset stomach until after next Wednesday. Hopefully once it is over I can relax! I am really looking forward to the evening, don't get me wrong. I guess I am just starting to feel the pressure! Ahhh!

8 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

That sounds like an awesome program! I would be stressed too, but I'm sure it will turn out beautiful.

heidi and tom said...

Good luck Kerry! I'm sure your hard work and nerves will pay off in the end!!

The Lassen Family said...

It will be beautiful---it's all about the spirit anyways :) Take a deep breath and try not to worry :) Dani

The Sorensen Bunch said...

hummmm...upset tummy? maybe someone IS pregnant, not just nerves?!!Just kidding! Are you singing too? I know you have the voice to do it. GOOD LUCK--I think it is so funny that logan wanted to hear Dacie's scream over and over, maybe he just knows that she is going to be his eternal companion...ha ha ha

Kerry said...

Ha ha...not a chance to the pg thing! I know it is nerves, cause it only happens when I start to think about the program and all the little things I need to think about to ensure it runs smoothly.Otherwise I am fine and dandy!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Darn!!!about the pg thing! ha ha-too soon, I KNOW I know! Hey--do you have a email address for Tonas's parents? they helped some of my bros and sis's on their missions, and I think it would be a good idea for them to support them on theirs!!!

Andrea said...

Kerry!
I hear you! I am so stressed. However, I will have to wait until the 20th to feel relieved. :) Your program sounds really nice!

I read your post about your drive across WY. I can't believe you did that. Amazing!!!

Lindsay said...

Being in charge of enrichment is a calling I could never do. Proud of you Kerry!