Friday, November 30, 2007

Germany, a baby, a promotion, and a doctor's visit

How's that for an all-in-one post? I thought I would just blog about the random tidbits of info, and put it all on one big post!

So, here we go!

Tony has had to travel a few times recently for work, and his next trip (and the biggest one yet) will be from Dec.8-14. He will be going to Germany and the Netherlands.I will be left a single mother in the midst of holiday preparations for a week. I am excited for him that he gets to go, but he doesn't think he will have much time to enjoy anything other than meetings.I told him he better bring me home something good. Any suggestions? I don't know what something cool is to get from Germany other than German chocolate!

The next exciting thing is that Tony called me from work today to tell me he got a promotion! I am so excited and very proud of him. I know he has worked hard, and has made a great impression. I don't know what it entails, but it is exciting all the same.

Avery had her 9 month (almost 10 months really) check-up yesterday. Here are her stats.

Weight: 16 lb. 9 oz. (20%)
Length: 28 1/2 inches (80%)
Head: 18 1/2 cm (97%)

She was barely 14 pounds at her 6 month visit, so she has packed on 2 1/2 pounds since then.She likes to eat!

And last...my sister had her second baby, a boy this time, yesterday. She ended up with a c-section this time. She had a really rough delivery and recovery with her first baby, and a c-section with her second. I had to have both mine via c-section. My mom had all 5 of her kids c-section. I don't know what it is with us that doesn't allow us to give birth very well. Thank goodness we live in this modern day, or we would be toast! Anyway...I got a call this morning that they had found a tumor and were whisking the little guy all the way away to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake. My sister is in Rexburg, so that is like 4 hours away! Because I am so far away from everyone else, I have no idea what's going on. I don't even know what they named him. Last I knew they hadn't named him yet. I am so worried and sad for my sister and new nephew. I am really hoping that it isn't life threatening, and the little guy will be just fine. Our family doesn't need any more trials.

So, there you have it. A little bit of sad, happy, informative and interesting information all in one blog post.This is really how I feel lately. Nothing is cohesive in my life...everything is a bit scattered, and random, and unorganized and messy. Oh wait...that's my house! Maybe that's my problem! Ha! I better work on that.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I talked to a woman yesterday who had two kids, one of them by c-section and she said she preferred the c-section by far. I guess you never know how these things are going to go.

That's so scary about your nephew. Your poor sister. I hope they're all doing better by now.

Congratulations to Tony though.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats and congrats (w/ the newest update on your new nephew)! I am happy for you guys! I figured out the counter w/ the help of my hubby! congrats to all of us- ha ha ha

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh yeah- make Tony bring you back some leiderhoussen (sp?)ha ha ha(logan might be cute in em') ...and how on earth do you do it alone?-last long weekend conference I had Dan help my sis from utah come help! AAh! 8-14 is a long time!

Jill said...

Congrats and good luck next week. There are so many great things from Germany! Maybe he should bring you a German pyramid (they are the Christmas decoration with the nativity and candles). Chocolate is always good though.