Well, we are back! I don't know how happy I am about that to be honest.While living out of suitcases is a bit tiring, as is the lack of naps and a consistent schedule for the wee ones, it is nice to be free from the stresses of everyday life. I almost felt the weight of things settle back on my shoulders when I walked back in the door last night. How sad when I don't feel relief in my own home.
So, before I post about our adventures, I wanted to post about some interesting vacation observations.
1. Why is it that there are always shoes in the middle of the road? And only one shoe not both? It is something that I notice all the time and it is so bewildering to me. Who throws their shoes out of the car? And why? Or do they fall out when the occupants open the door? But why would they open the door in the middle of the freeway? And there are shoes everywhere in the road! Really...have you noticed? And also, why are there always shoes hanging from telephone wires? Come on people! Stop throwing your shoes everywhere!
2. Hotels are wonderful places. Especially nice ones. I think Logan would prefer to live in a hotel. He likes the swimming pool and the breakfast. Too bad Logan's blue blankie got left behind in Cheyenne. But the nice hotel people will be sending it in the mail. Can we make it until it arrives? It sure made the trip home a tough one with all the whining about " my bwue bwanket!"
3. Three things I wish they had where I live.
1.) IKEA
2.) Trader Joe's
3.) Bajio's Mexican Restaurant (Yummy-o!)
4.) Long car trips really aren't so bad with a mini-van. I have to say I traveled quite comfortably.And the kids were really good (with a few incidents here and there as expected)
5.)Logan can get tired enough to fall asleep while eating dinner, in the jacuzzi, and even while watching fireworks.
6.) There is a huge difference between lightly salted Edamame (yum!) and plain Edamame (yuck!)
7.) Did you know there are such things as deep fried avocados? And...a fried chicken sandwich with Krispy Kreme donuts for the bun. We went to the San Diego County Fair in Del Mar, and those were some of the lovely food items available. My mom and I did try the fried avocados (pretty tasty dipped in ranch) but NOT the Krispy kreme chicken sandwich.
8.) Relaxing music can make a huge difference in a whiny child (or adult for that matter). We listened to this CD in the car when Logan was having a fit, and it calmed home down pretty quick. It was amazing. He said "This pretty music makes me happy like this!" And then he proceeded to sing "do do, do do" and move his head back and forth. Happy guy.Happy parents.
9.) Apparently, and I won't correct the sweet boy, but I look like Anne Hathaway to Logan. We were watching "The Devil Wears Prada" in the hotel, and Logan looked up from jumping on the bed to say "That's you! That's you mommy!" What a precious, darling boy.
10.) I tend to have more energy on vacation. Now that I am home I am exhausted!
I will post about our trip later once I get the pictures off the camera!
Monday, July 09, 2007
Home again, home again, jiggity jig!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad you had a fun, safe trip. I'm also glad you are home and back to blogging. :)
HOw are you surviving without the blankie? we would die if either of my children lost thiers! I wish we had an IKEA too and I can't believe you drove all across the country! Can't wait to hear more fun stories!
Yay! Welcome home. I've missed you.
That krispy kreme chicken donut is the grossest thing I've heard of all day. But very funny. I don't know about the shoes everywhere. I assumed people were playing tricks on each other or something. It's weird.
I love Ikea too. My house is like a shrine to that store. I can't wait to add more to the shrine. Every time anyone compliments me on anything or asks where I got anything it's always from Ikea.
Post a Comment