Monday, March 05, 2007

Pet Peeves

I have two pet peeves that I can instantly think of. The first is about milk. I cannot stand milk being left out for longer than it takes to pour it in your glass, cereal bowl, or measuring cup. I don't know why I am so uptight about it, but I am. I cannot stand the thought of warm milk! It is sick and wrong. Like people who put the milk jug on the table and leave it there during the meal. I can't take it! Even if I am not the one drinking it, I cannot let milk sit out. Maybe it stems back to my childhood days of visiting my grandparents on my mom's side (Grandma and Grandpa Avery) who had milk cows. I remember the barn and the certain smell it had of milk straight from the cow. I also have very vivid memories of watching my grandpa eat his cereal using milk that he just brought in from the barn. I recall tasting it too, and being repulsed. That must be an acquired taste, and one that I do not wish to have. Maybe this is why I am not a huge milk drinker.

Well, just a while ago, Logan came in the room drinking out of a sippy cup.I didn't think anything of it until he brought it to me saying he wanted more milk. I looked at this cup and was very confused about where he had gotten it since I know I hadn't given him any milk today. Well, I then realized it was his milk from dinner last night! He had taken it in the other room and we never noticed! Gross! Sick! Nasty! He better not get sick from it. Oh disgusting...I might puke myself.

The other pet peeve I have is when perfect strangers call me "hun", "sweetie", or any other term of endearment. Excuse me, but do I know you? It drives me nuts.We went out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse before Avery was born, and the waitress kept calling Tony"hun". Ummm...hello? He is with his pregnant wife and child! Don't you be calling him "hun"!

Anyway...there you have it. Let's hear yours!

7 comments:

Heather S. said...

Yuck! I cannot believe he was drinking milk from the day before. That makes me want to puke.

Pet peeves? Lets think.....I know I have several, but now that I'm typing this I cannot think of any. I'll have to think of some and then get back to you.

Christy said...

I think you're going to have to get used to that sweet talk from strangers. You live in Kansas now!

Anonymous said...

Brynn does that all the time. A while ago, she was drinking a sippy cup she found under her bed that had been there who knows how long and it was curdled milk and so stinky. I agree with you. i can't stand milk that isn't icy cold. Don't know how Brynn can drink that crap. Nasty.

Anonymous said...

Oh... and I'm guilty of the hon and sweetie thing. I used to waitress to, and old people love it! i got the bigggest tips when i would call an old man honey. But, i would never do it to someone close to my age range, especially if they were with their pregnant wife.

Kerry said...

Kristy! you actually called old men honey! Ahhh! It drives me nuts! A girl I used to work with at BBW used to say it to everyone who walked in the store...and me of course. I hated it!

Kayli said...

I have a thing about people touching me. (Meaning people that I don't know, or who are just acquaintances.) This isn't a huge problem, because most people get the personal boundary thing, but when people touch my arm or something like that it gets me so irritated. My sister had a girl that always hung around her in middle school who would pull on her arm, grab her shirt, etc. etc. It drove me frantic!! and I was just seeing it, not even experiencing it.

Another thing I get annoyed with is when people interrupt me in the middle of playing a song on the piano. However, I've chilled a bit with this since having kids.

Also, I hate when people don't wring out rags.

I also CAN'T STAND when people post on their blog WITHOUT putting a picture of their cute newborn baby girl!!!!!! (hee hee ;) )
Does anyone hate the smiley or wink thingees? Cause I use them a lot.

Kerry said...

Sorry Kayli. I don't take pictures every day like someone else I know!