Wow! This week has started off very interesting. We will see how it ends!
I spent Monday and Tuesday getting all the last minute things ready for my very first Enrichment meeting as the enrichment leader. Tuesday night we had our meeting to celebrate the Relief Society Birthday and had a service auction. We were able to get an auctioneer to volunteer to do it for us, and it was a big hit. The women really had a good time, and they all want to do it again next year. It was a really good turn-out, and we ended up having about 58 services donated, so everyone was able to get something.I ended up donating 4 items. A card tote with about 10 birthday cards, a covered notebook and matching pen, a time to come stamp and make cards with me, and a lunch date with me. Now I have to start planning the rest of the activities and meetings for the year. It's fun though. I really enjoy planning events. Tonight I have a meeting with two other enrichment leaders to brainstorm ideas for a Super Saturday activity in July. Feel free to leave me any ideas in my comments...by tonight!
(Here's the card tote I donated for the service auction.)
So...Tuesday morning I went to make some phone calls about enrichment, and lo and behold my phone didn't work! The neighbors are having sprinklers installed, so they did something to our line. The phone company didn't come until yesterday morning to fix it. Our line had been cut in several places apparently.Our phone does work now, but I had to go 24 hours without it! And I was without internet as well for that long! Yikes! I guess it was a good thing though, because then I didn't spend my time online instead of getting ready for my activity!Last night I fed Avery at 9 p.m. and she didn't wake up to eat in the night! I woke up at 6 and woke her up because I was a bit sore. What a great night's sleep we all got! I love it! What a good baby! I love her! She will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. She seems so much bigger than that already. We are blessing her on March 25th, and expect to have quite a few family here for it. I didn't expect it at all, but it seems we might have a houseful. Both my parents and Tony's parents are coming for sure, and we just got a call from Tony's sister last night saying that she is coming with her little girl. My sister and her little girl might come, and my grandma Avery might come. That will be nice to have Avery's Great-Grandma Avery be here...after all, she is her namesake. So...now I need to think about how to accomodate all our company, and what to feed that many people! Yikes! But I am excited to have all that company. You all know how sad I am to be away from family, so I am really excited to have them all come. I ordered her blessing dress the other day. I did like some others that were a little fancier, but I couldn't justify spending any more money. She will be so pretty!
I better go and try to be productive today. By the way...I have to mention again how much I am loving the menus4moms website! It takes the dinner stress away completely! I love it! Yesterday I cooked a ham in the crockpot! Who knew? It was so tender and yummy! I never would have thought of making ham for dinner on an ordinary day. I always think of ham for easter, or New Year's or Christmas or something. Not just dinner on a Wednesday. I love it! If planning and making dinner is a stress for any of you, you have got to try this site! It's the best!



3 comments:
When we had Thomas' baby blessing we cooked a turkey and a ham and sliced it all up the night before. Then we had rolls for sandwiches. Then just some fruit and vegetables and it seems like we had one or two jello salads. It worked out really well and we had lots of leftovers. Just an idea.
Hi Kerry! Thanks for the Web site recommendation. I'll check it out. I'm always on the lookout for crock pot recipes.
I can't believe Avery is 5 weeks old already. And such a good sleeper too. What a sweetheart. I'm glad you got some good rest. It sounds like you'll need it for all the company you'll be having soon.
I love the tote! It is so cute!
I can't believe how well Avery is sleeping either. That is great.
I'm glad your enrichment went so well! We may have to try the auction sometime. Our enrichment is on the 20th. Can't wait to have it over. . .
Post a Comment