Thursday, March 22, 2007

Craziness!

Today my parents and my grandma are flying in. I have to go pick them up at the airport later today.So, as you can imagine, I have been trying to get some house cleaning done, to get ready for them. Tony's parents are coming tomorrow.

I hardly got any sleep last night. I had an enrichment board meeting and I didn't get home until 9. i then had to feed my starving baby and put her to bed. That took an hour. At 10 pm, I got online to send out some emails, and type up some notes from our meeting while it was fresh in my head. At 11, Logan woke up crying. Tony had already gone to bed, so I had to go put Logan back in bed. I was then up until 12 finishing my email stuff. My ear has been hurting for who knows why, so I couldn't fall asleep right away. I am not sure if I was ever asleep or not, but around 1:15, Logan woke up crying again. I put him back to bed again. Again, not sure if I had really slept, but around 3:30, Logan woke up crying again. This time I asked Tony if he could take care of him. Just when I thought I could snuggle back down in my covers, Avery decided to wake up. So, of course I had to feed her and put her back to bed. By this time it was 4:30 a.m. I managed to sleep this time, I am pretty sure because I remember dreaming. Tony got up to get ready for work, and while he was in the shower, Avery woke up again. This was a little after 7 a.m. I fed her, and put her back to sleep by around 7:45. No sooner had I layed her back down in her crib that I heard Logan waking up. He was a soggy bottom boy, and it had leaked out and wet the bed, so i had to change his clothes, and strip the bed. that was ok because I was going to have to do it anyway to get ready for my grandma to sleep there. I managed to convince Logan to come lay by me for a while. That lasted about 10 minutes. Then it was downstairs to have breakfast and watch Peter Pan. I was able to go back to bed for about an hour or so while Peter Pan was on. Then Cinderella was next.I couldn't sleep anymore this time, so I was finally up at around 9:40 a.m. I had just barely finished my cereal when Avery was awake again for her breakfast. No breaks for me!

I have managed to vacuum, clean my room and the kids rooms, do a load of laundry, tidy up the kitchen, do a load of dishes, put together the dinner for tonight so it is ready to pop in the oven later on, make a jello salad to set in the fridge for tonight, clean out a few items from the fridge, feed myself and the kids, and put them down for naps. Logan didn't sleep for long as he is sick and has been crying all afternoon. He is now watching Peter Pan again with his pillow and blankie. Avery is happy in her bouncy seat for the moment, so I have a break to blog about my crazy day.

I have an hour and a half to finish some odds and ends before I have to go to the airport. I am excited to have family coming. They can tend the kids and I can have some breaks. This week-end won't be long enough! I just hope that Logan feels better tomorrow, and that Avery won't get sick, and neither will anyone else. I am also crossing my fingers and hoping for a nice spring day on Sunday for Avery's blessing. The forecast isn't always acuurate, you know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry, enjoy your special day, and your family!!!!

Catherine said...

Yikes. That's horrible. Its a good thing you're getting back up tonight. Have fun with your family. Order in some pizza or get one of those frozen lasagnas.

Andrea said...

WHOA! I got tired just reading about your day. The KEY phrase there in your blog was, "They can tend the kids and I can have some breaks." Hurrah for grandmas and grandpas! Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well for you this weekend Kerry. I'll call you when your company is gone. My email isn't working right now.
Take care,
~Gigi

Kayli said...

Kerry--you are awesome that you got so much done! I had a bit of a hard time falling asleep last night, and this afternoon I took a small nap on the floor. I heard the phone ring and kept on sleeping. Have fun...be sure to post pictures of Avery in her blessing dress...I know she will be so cute!!!!
Oh, and I was going to say, you're right about red-headed babies wearing pink. And Ethne does wear pink quite a bit, she even looks really good in it if it's more a salmony-pink, but not very good at all if it's a bubble-gum pink. Anyway, I was just kinda harassing my sister.
Bye! I should have your flower barrette in the mail on Monday.

Heather S. said...

So when do we get to see pictures of baby Avery from her blessing? I'm anxiously waiting for them.