Thursday, February 15, 2007

To the doctor we go...

So, in the past two weeks since baby Avery was born, we have been to the doctor 4 times. The first time was last Wednesday when I had to take her to have her weight checked. Then, I made an appointment for Monday the 12th for Logan to see the doctor because he had been limping for the past two weeks and it seemed like it was getting worse. We had no idea why he was limping, and he never complained about anything hurting. So, Monday we went to the doctor for Logan, and she couldn't see anything obvious, so she sent us to get an x-ray. Logan was so good for the x-ray. He held so still, and didn't fuss at all. The bummer was that I told him he could see a picture of his bones, and then the lady wouldn't show them to him. She said she had already given them to the radiologist to look at, and couldn't get them back. So I was bummed for him. He didn't seem to care, so that was good. He got chicken, french fries and chocolate milk so he was happy. Well, the x-ray was normal, so that was a relief, but still no answers to why he was limping. I didn't notice him limping today, so maybe all is well. Weird.

So, yesterday I had to go to the doctor for my incision to be checked. And then today Avery had her two week appointment. Whew! I made her 2 month appointment, and I have my 6 week appointment scheduled, so hopefully we won't have any more doctor visits until then. Craziness! The good thing is that Avery now weighs 9 lbs. 6 oz. And they say she now is 22 inches long. I am not sure she has really grown 1 1/2 inches in two weeks. Is the way they measure really that accurate? I am not so sure.

I feel very lucky that Avery has been such a great sleeper! In fact, last night I fed her around 9:30 p.m., and I had to wake her up a little before 5 a.m. this morning to nurse again because I was about to explode! She didn't fall asleep until after midnight, but she still went that long between feedings! I told her doctor, and she said that was fine since she is eating so well, and gaining weight. As long as she doesn't go that long during the day, it is great. I am not complaining one bit about being able to get some sleep.It is fabulous! Anyway...she is growing great. She is in the 90% for her weight, 95% for length, and 75% for her head. Logan was this way too...he started off big, and grew quite fast, but then tapered off. He is almost 3, but 3T clothes are still too big for him, and he only wears a size 6 shoe. So...I am sure that will be the case with Avery too.

I have a lot to say about Logan, but that will be a blog for another day.

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

That's so nice that she sleeps so well and that she's growing soo well. I'm happy for you.

Mary said...

Dave did the same thing as Logan. He would limp, but he would also scream and refuse to walk at times. It was super freaky and scary. He was 2 1/2 when it started at it stopped about 6-9 months later. The doctor could never find anything wrong except he is super flexible and may have been hyper extending his knees. It's possible it was also growth spurts and growing pains. I'm not sure but it stopped!

That's great you are sleeping so well! I'm so jealous! What a great baby.