So, I really need to get a double stroller. With Spring right around the corner, I am getting the itch to go for walks. Of course I will have to do this with 2 kids, so I really need to get myself some kid transportation. I am in a bind because I am not sure the best route to go in the double stroller department. I am hoping to get some input from moms of several kids, and even anyone else who has an opinion!
#1. option. The standard front/ back type double stroller. My thoughts on this are that it is narrow enough to maneuver in the stores, and both seats recline, for napping purposes.
#2. option.The sit and stand stroller. We have tried it out in the store and Logan really enjoyed sitting on the platform. The only drawbacks, are that the normal stroller seat doesn't recline except like an inch, and if Logan gets tired, he can't lay down to nap. But I have heard great reviews for this version.
#3 option. The side by side. I am not leaning towards this one at all, but would still like input. I just know it can be difficult to maneuver in the mall stores, and I don't know if I want Logan to be able to easily access the baby that way.
I would love everyone's advice, since I am having a really hard time making a decision!
* Just a note to add that the links I provided aren't necessarily the brands I am leaning towards. Just examples!
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Poll: Strollers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
I would definately suggest option one. Make sure to get one that your baby car seat can go in it too.
I have #1 and it is the kind that you can put the car seat in the back. That was muy importante to me. Even with my honking huge kids, it still serves its purpose.
#2 would not have worked in my situation. Caleb just isn't the kind of kid that will stand and ride. He needs to be strapped in and even then that doesn't always work.
#3 is something I don't have experience with. When we were doing our research and ultimately deciding, we wanted something we could use with a little baby and the carseat.
Good luck!
I should mention that I have the #1 kind too. I have the Jeep one. They've much improved the jeep one even since I got it. It now has the stadium seating in it and is supposed to be easier to manuvre than the one I have. I love it and it has worked great with my kids. Too bad I don't have one for 3 kids. It's okay though because Emily does good at staying by my side most of the time now.
Hi Kerry- I am Christy's friend from Lafayette and attended her stampin up party that you hosted. Also I caught up with you at Chik Fil A on a playdate when you were in town. OK now my opinion on strollers.
My vote is for option #1 I too have the jeep stroller and my husband refers to it as the cadillac when it comes to strollers it even has shocks for a smooth ride. I also love that the storage compartment is the length of the entire stroller and it has easy access zippers midway. Side storage compartments and holds an infant car seat. Stadium seating sounds like great bonus. Timothy loves to drive with the steering wheel and is determined he does the steering even at age 3.
Option#2 I considered this once the kids were both older but if they are gonna stand they mines well walk - Timothy would want to sit and this would not be an option. Sometimes its easier for me to have the same choices for them both.
Option #3 I agree Timothy would have poked the entirety of the ride at his sister I am sure.
Congrats on the baby Avery she is a cutie.... we hope to adopt one more time this year! Deanna
The sit and stand stroller actually has a bench seat so the kid can sit down, or stand instead. It also has a seatbelt thingy to strap them in both when sitting, and standing. Just in case this was unclear.
Kerry I would defintely go for option #2. Jarom and Michael do really well in it. #3 is really cumbersome, and #1 is good but takes up alot of trunk space. I actually think that Logan would like to the Sit n' Stand and that price can't be beat!!! GL!!
We have #1, the Graco duoglider. I've really enjoyed it although it does take up pretty much all the room in the trunk of my Saturn. I like it because it has storage under the seats and individual cup holders and shades for both seats. My kids have each napped in it. Having them front to back keeps them from getting in each others faces too, so that's good.
I have no double stroller, I couldn't bear to get an "SUV" sized stroller... We just make Dave walk. Sometimes he's cranky about it, but that whole "you're a big boy with strong legs" goes a long way. We did get one of those strollers that the infant seat clicks into, but ours is really compact (almost like an umbrella stroller size, just a bit larger).
I just saw a pic of Angelina and Brad strolling little Zahara and Shiloh in a side by side. Maybe that's the way to go. Gotta keep up with the Jolie-Pitts. That's what I always say.
I say stroller #2. There Kerry, I finally left a comment for you. :) Enjoy!
I have #1 too and loved it. Mine has the stadium seating, which is nice, but most of the time when I needed it, I just put the baby in the back, since my older one cared more about what she was seeing. It is a little big for the back of a car/van, but I usually stored it inside unless I was headed somewhere that I needed it. I usually used it for walks, or the mall.
Christy, I have seen that photo of Brangelina with their side by side stroller. I was going to comment on it in fact when I posted...about how if "they" have one, then it must be good! We must do as the celebrity's do!Ha ha! Not too fond of Brangelina personally.
Post a Comment