Our original plans for Thanksgiving this year were to have my parents come. Of course my mom had her accident, so that plan pretty much flew out the window!I will have to tell the story about their plane tickets another time. It is interesting.
Last year our Thanksgiving was really lame. We got invited over to someone's house in our ward and woke up that morning and both Tony and Logan were sick.I hadn't planned for anything for dinner, so Avery and I went by ourselves. It just didn't feel like Thanksgiving at all!
I didn't want to be alone this year, and all our close friends here either had family in town, or had other plans. We decided to go to Blanding. It was a LONG drive, but we made it. Both the kids did so well! Avery had a hard time getting back in her seat each time we stopped, but otherwise, they were great little travelers. We woke them upWednesday morning around 5:45 a.m. and threw them in the car, hoping they would go back to sleep. Logan did nap later, but little Aves stayed awake the entire day until bedtime, around 7:30. Both the kids zonked around that time, and we finally arrived in Blanding around 9:30 p.m.Of course they got all riled up and we had a hard time getting them to bed after that.
Thursday we woke up to rain. Tony's youngest brother Andy and his wife are building a house, so all the men went out in the rain to help frame. They only lasted until about noon, and didn't get much done due to the weather. All us "women-folk" stayed indoors cooking the Thanksgiving meal. I helped Alicia make stuffing, and I made a Candied apple pie cheesecake. Of course we had a yummy dinner that day with all the goods! It was so nice to be with family!
Friday the men worked all day on the house again. I took the kids over to Tony's sister Suzie's house so they could play with their cousins. They had a great time! I wish they had cousins closer to play with. They all got along so well.And there are LOTS of little boys, so Logan had fun playing with them. At home most of the kids his age are girls!
We had Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch, and haystacks for dinner, and then some of us girls had a girl's night out! I helped raise some excitement about going to see Twilight. In Blanding, there is a small movie theater that only has one screen, and mostly only has one movie playing at a time. I was surprised to learn that Twilight was the one movie playing! It came out on opening day (for the midnight show) and is only there for three weeks.My SIL's Alicia and Shauna have both read the books, as well as my 15 year old niece Brielle. My SIL Jody hadn't read the books, but she was willing to come. I wish my other three SIL's Suzie, Amber and Marlene would have come too,but they didn't. Amber's brother was going through the temple that night, so that was a good reason to miss. Suzie offered to watch Amber's little boy Stetson, and Marlene opted to stay to help watch the rest of the kids too. We did manage to round up a few of the men a bit early from the house building to come watch kids so we could go.
It was so much fun! We were all so excited! Ok, maybe it was just me. I think my SIL's and niece think I am a Twilight obsessed psycho now. And a bit silly too. I have never had a girl's night out with them before, and it was so much fun!I am really glad my niece Brielle was able to come with us. It was a lot of fun.Have I said how much fun it was enough times now? Anyway...that brought my Twilight viewing number up to 4. I have to go at least 5 more times to beat my Titanic record!Ha ha!
Saturday was our last day there. Tony worked on Andy's house all day! I don't think I even saw him until about 7 that night when we had dinner. I ran a few errands during the day, and let the kids play over at Suzie's again. They had a great time!We all got together for a lasagna dinner that night, and then Tony and I went and loaded up the van full of boxes that we have had in storage there since before we moved to Indiana! That's been about 7 years! We finally had room enough this trip to bring it home. Now I need to get it unloaded out of my van!We will see what kinds of treasures we haven't missed in the past 7 years.
We left around 5:45 a.m. Sunday morning to drive home. We all started coming down with a cold and cough, so we weren't feeling well for our travels. The worst part of the trip was getting stuck for 4 hours in the mountians outside Denver! Seriously awful. Bumper to bumper ttraffic in horribly snowy weather. People were sliding off the roads, and we maybe went 60 miles in the four hours. Yuck! I was sooooooo glad to finally be out of that mess! But because of that, we didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning. We were glad to be home and out of the car!
We have all been sick since we got home. Tony came home from work yesterday around 11:30 a.m., and stayed home today. Logan fell asleep tonight around 5:30 and Avery was in bed by 6:45.I kept Logan home from school yesterday, but I hate to have him miss tomorrow. I hope he feels well enough in the morning. I hope we all feel better in the morning!
Anyway...when my SIL sends me some pictures of Tony working on the house, I will be sure to post them. I think I only took one picture of Tony and the kids at the dinner table, and that's all. I get too distracted and forget to take pictures!
I will be going to bed soon.Over all...we had a really nice trip, and we are so thankful for FAMILY!!!!! That's the most important thing, and I am so glad we were able to spend time with them for the holiday.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ha-ha...twilight...it does remind me of our titanic obsession...except we're 31 now instead of 20 :). anywho, glad you had a great thanksgiving with family. you needed that. oh, and back to twilight...i thought i had my twilight fill after seeing it three times. nope, i think i have to go back again :)
I love reading about you adventures! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment