Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Tony!

Today is Tony's birthday! He is the BIG 33! Yikes! We are getting old around here! I made hime some (non-homemade) cinnamon rolls to take to Seminary to share with his class. I am going to be making his favorite meal for his birthday dinner as well. Lasagna and apple pie. I am going to try a new lasagna recipe from Pioneer Woman Cooks. It is supposedly the Best Lasagna EVER, so I figured I better try it out. It calls for more meat than I prefer, and being the cheap-o that I am, I am only going to use 1 pound of the hamburger instead of 1 1/2 lbs. I don't think it will be missed. I am also making a scrumptious apple pie recipe again from Pioneer Woman.I love her blog. I love her fantastic pictures and step by step directions. It really makes it hard to NOT want to make her recipes. Anyway, this meal won't be the most figure friendly, but it's T's birthday, so it's acceptable!

I have to talk about Logan for a minute or two. Sunday was Logan's third week in Sunbeams at church. What an adjustment for these little kids who have just spent about 2 years in nursery, playing with toys and having fun for 2 hours at church, to having to sit still for 2 hours! Well, the first SUnday was NOT good. Logan hadn't slept well the night before, and was really tired, and ornery (I like the look of this word. It is funny), even before church. Our church is at 1:30p.m.!He had already had a few melt-downs before lunch! I went with his to sharingtime and stood in the back.I left close to the end becuase he looked like he was doing fine. Well, aparently he noticed I wasn't there anymore and had a break-down. They had to bring him to me. I took him to his daddy since I had Avery and I was busy doing stuff for Relief Society. I was hoping his daddy would take him back to class, but he didn't. That's how week one of sunbeams went. I guess by the end of their class, there was only one little girl left!

The next week, Tony went with Logan to primary. He stood in the back of sharing time, and Logan was very aware that he was there. When it was time to go to class, Tony told Logan he would just be outside his class in the hall. He stayed out there until almost the end, and Logan did just fine.

This past Sunday, Tony told Logan he would be outside in the hall during sharingtime. Logan did fine. When they went to class, Tony was still there so he saw him, but then once Logan was in his class, Tony went to Elder's Quorum. I went to pick Logan up from his class, and I was so proud of him! He said the closing prayer (he always wants to say the prayer at home, and does such a good job!) and he even tried to comfort a set of twins in his class who were sad for their mom. They were crying and Logan patted them and said, "It's o.k. Your mommy will come". What a turn-over in just a few weeks! I am so proud of my little guy! He is growing up so fast, and is such a sweet boy. I love him so much!



I watched my friend's girl's the other day for her, and took some pictures of them playing. They had a nice tea party for a while with Avery's musical teaset, and then all plopped on the couch to watch a movie. I think they were watching The Polar Express. Even Avery joined the couch potato club!









I will try to remember to take pictures tonight of Tony's birthday dinner. Logan wants to go to the "man balloon store" to get balloons for his "directions" so hopefully we can surprise daddy when he comes home from work!

11 comments:

Heather S. said...

Happy Birthday Tony!

If he reads your blog he won't be very surprised tonight.

Those are cute pictures.

Kerry said...

He doesn't read my blog unless I make him or read it to him.And Happy Birthday to you too!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Look at your cute little man's haircut, too, to go along with nursery!!! I LOVE watching our little sunbeams as I lead music-they make me giggle.When our kids are these ages sometimes we wonder why we even go to church because we spend so much time in the halls! ha ha. THANK YOU for the dip recipe. You rock! Tell Tony Feliz Cumpleanos (sp)from the Sorensen bunch and EAT up for us!Can't wait to hear more!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

BTW- I do remember thinking that I was going to have Dacie around Tony's b-day. I remembered it was toward the end of January (just not the exact day) CAN YOU BELIEVE we almost have 1 YEAR OLD BABIES!!! (I love Avery's cute little butterfly shirt-she is a DOLL)

heidi and tom said...

Happy, happy, birthday Tony!!! Have a great day and dinner..yummm....

Way to go Logan!! I'm soo glad Savannah has one more year until she has to go.

Avery is a doll!!

amiee said...

happy bday tony! cute story about logan and the sunbeam class! that is too cute! glad he is a "big boy" :P

Maren said...

Kerry - I LOVE the Pioneer Woman Cooks site. Thanks so much for introducing me to it. I can't wait to try some of the recipes!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Tony!

Kerry said...

SO glad Maren. It's scrumptious!

Lindsay said...

Just have to say your kids are so cute! And have I ever told you I love the name Logan? Put a star on his forehead for making it through sunbeams. Tell him his "auntie linny" is proud of him. Let me know if ever you come through Utah...it's about time those kids meet their "auntie".

Kerry said...

I better add "Aunt Linny's" picture to our fridge so they can start getting to know her! Ha ha!Thanks Lins. Your kiddos are sweet too. It would be fun to have them meet! And it would be fun to see you too!I will let you know when we come next!

Kerry said...

I better add "Aunt Linny's" picture to our fridge so they can start getting to know her! Ha ha!Thanks Lins. Your kiddos are sweet too. It would be fun to have them meet! And it would be fun to see you too!I will let you know when we come next!