Thursday, January 17, 2008

Miss me?

Yeah, I know.I have heard. But really, I have not had anything worth blogging about over the past 10 days. I eve sat down to write one night and nothing. I had blogger's block I guess.

So, on to the excitement.

I hosted book group tonight. I made yummy Snickerdoodle muffins, and a Mediterranean style 7 layer dip. It was hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, green onion and feta cheese. I served it with normal tortilla chips, although pita chips, or even plain pitas would have been good too. It was actually tasty...and pretty healthy.

It snowed last night and it is COLD here today! I think currently it is 12 degrees. Brrrr! Avery kept crawling out of her pants today, and she wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get her sweater on, so there was a time when she was crawling around in only her onesie and socks. I went to pick her up after a while and her lips were blue! She was sooo cold! Poor thing!She didn't act too upset by it. She was just happily playing away! I promptly got her clothes on and went to put her down for her nap all wrapped nice and cozy in her warm blanket. She must have felt really cozy because she napped for 3 hours!

So, last night Logan was playing with this little cloth book that hangs from a bar over the bouncy seat. It crinkles when you touch it. Anyway, he was walking around telling us that it was his fight book. We had him explain, since we weren't sure what a fight book was. Well, apparently it is a magic book that makes kids who are fighting be nice.Don't ask me where he got that idea from! So I told him that maybe we could also use it for a whining book. Whenever Logan is whining,I will open the book, and "poof!" he is happy! He thought that was a funny idea, and it actually worked a few times!Kids are so silly!

Since I have mentioned Avery and Logan so far, I might as well include something about our third child. That would be the cat.We got her as a tiny kitten the Fall after we bought our little house in Indiana. We didn't have kids yet then. So, she is 5 years old. She might just be the dumbest cat ever! Her food and water dishes are down in the unfinished basement. Her large bag of cat food is on the floor right next to her food dishes. The bag of cat food is wide open. As of lately, the bag is almost empty, so it has been laying on its side. The bag is big enough that the cat could crawl into it if she wanted to. I think this cat would starve to death before helping herself to her own bag of food.Seriously! Do I really have to single-handedly feed every living thing in this house? Could not the cat actually take care of itself when necessary? Ok, I know I still have to get her water, but if she was that hungry, she could really very easily just help herself. The cats I had growing up would eat holes in the cat food bag to get to it.Weird, weird animal. She has a lot of other quirks about her too, but I will just complain about the one for now. The funny thing is that she really likes to crawl inside plastic shopping bags. She seeks them out if they are on the floor to crawl inside of. She won't crawl in a perfectly good bag of cat food however. Just an empty plastic Wal-Mart bag. Where's the fun in that?

On an end note, back to my sweet baby girl. She pulled herself up to standing on a little rocking chair today! She was soooo excited! She might just go straight from the army crawl to walking and skip the whole normal baby crawl completely.She's a cutie!

Alright. We'll see if I can think of anything more interesting for next time. I really should find some pictures to post too. That's always fun!

6 comments:

Spenser Cammack said...

Kerry,

It was great to hear from you. Thank you so much for your comment. It looks like your family is doing well and things are going great for you. You and Tony have some beautiful children and seem to be enjoying the mid-west (we spent 4+ years in Ohio). Please keep in touch.

Spense (2 pickles)

Maren said...

Josh loves nothing more than to crawl around in just a diaper and socks. Every day is a huge battle to get him dressed! And it's cold here, too. So when I pick him up he feels so cold, but he doesn't seem to care a bit. Kids are funny!

amiee said...

funny about magic stop whining book! heh heh! i am also amazed at the funny stuff kids come up with! and your story about the cat reminded me of my cat that you "tended" and it had kittens of its own. and now I am sad b/c i miss that poor cat. quita! that was her name! awww

heidi and tom said...

Finally a new blog!! Keep 'em coming!

loveya,
Heidi

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Kerri- you make me laugh. I wish we lived closer so we could get the girls together, they sound like peas in a pod! However, when mine ecscapes from her clothing-we are not quite as cold around these parts! I do have to laugh about your cat-ha ha ha I bet those things were not as bothersome before kids huh? OK AND I NEED THAT DIP RECIPE-I am addisted to hummus! We have missed you!

Lark said...

Kerry, I felt the same way. What a boring life I've led. Finally I had something to blog about and did 3 entries in one day. I know I'll have a dry spell now for like a week...Ok, love the cat comments. I refuse to get a pet because its like having another child and I already have too many children! I also love looking at your food blog and have tried like 3 or 4 recipes! Thanks for all the yummy meal inspirations. Oh, that remided me of tres leches! Yum, I will have to make that sometime...