Monday, January 07, 2008

Favorite Things Part 1- Lip balm/gloss

I don't think I have ever made a list of all the things I love. I know in my head, but I often forget about things, so I think I want to have a nice list where they are all in one place. So, here goes.

Today's focus is Lipgloss,chapstick, lipbalm, lipstick, etc.-- I am addicted to anything you put on your lips...for hydration, moisturization, shininess, color, smell and taste. I have about a million different lip products, but never seem to find them when I need them. I feel like I am a pretty good judge of a good lip product. It can't be sticky. It also has to last a while. It can't make your lips feel worse afterwards than they did before you put it on in the first place. It has to smell and taste good too.

Some of my favorites are:

1.Origins Liquid Lip Color



What you see is super-high shine and incredible color. But what you get is a whole lot more. Rich Rice Bran Oil pampers. Aloe and Vitamin E soothe and smooth. And icy-cool Mint leaves your lips with a refreshing zing. Choose from a rainbow of gotta-have hues from red hot red and cool coral to pretty pink and glittery gold.* I love the transforming glaze...you can put it on over your lipstick, and it softens the color and leaves a shimmer.It's pretty.

2. Rimmel Sweet Jelly lipgloss



I like this because the color is really sheer, it smells good, and it isn't sticky. It is shiny, and it moisturizes pretty well.This is a great gloss to have if you don't have lipstick with you, and need to touch up. I really like it.

3. Burt's Bee's chapstick



Beeswax Lip Balm
Get naturally soft, healthy lips.
How it Works
This natural lip balm moisturizes lips with ingredients like ultra-emollient lanolin, coconut oil and sunflower oil, and seals in hydration with beeswax. You can use it on healthy lips for a little peppermint tingle. Take your pick of an old-fashioned yellow tin or a recycled plastic tube. No wonder it is our most popular product.

4.Rosebud Salve



This cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness. Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash.

* I originally purchased this at Sephora It has a really nice soothing feeling to it. It smells good, and it is really versatile. I kept it in my diaper bag when Logan was a baby. It was great to use if he had a diaper rash, or if he had any chapped skin on his face. It is gentle and doesn't sting, so it is great for babies. I of course like it for me too. I did find a similar product at Bath & Body Works. It is called C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve. I have tried them both, and there really isn't much difference at all.



I haven't tried this one yet, but I plan to!

C.O. Bigelow
Mentha Cinnamint Lip Shine



Our Cinnamon and Mint-infused lip balm provides a glossy high shine with a refreshing cooling sensation. Lips stay moist and protected while Cinnamon and Peppermint give breath long-lasting freshness.

5. MAC Viva Glam V Tinted Lipglass



I am listing this one as a favorite color. I love it because I can wear it by itself for a more sheer color, or over lipliner for more intense color. It smells good and lasts a long time. The only thing bad about it is that it is sticky. It isn't such a good thing to wear when it is windy outside...my hair gets stuck in it, yuck!But I still like it.

I also like all the Bonne Bell lipsmackers. I don't know what it is about them...the bright colors, the fun flavors...the fact that they have been around as long as I can remember.Anyway...anyone who knows me and happens to go shopping with me will attest to the fact that i am drawn to all things lipbalm. I can't help it. I love them!

Of course this list is not all...I could go on, but I don't want to search my house right now for all the ones I have. So, share your favorite lipbalms/gloss!

8 comments:

Heather S. said...

You are so funny! For as long as I've known you you have always loved lip stuff. This post clearly shows that. :)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

The things you learn I NEVER knew you were a lip girl NOW I want to go lip glossing!

amiee said...

kerry, I did not know that you were so obsessed with lip balm! lol. I have to say, though, that lip smackers is ONE of my favs! I love just the good ol'vanilla one. I wear it under most of my lipsticks. also wear it alone!

Kerry said...

I am amazed. I remember chapstick being an integral part of my life ever since I was little! I totally had one of those little chapstick holders that you hung around your neck....then you just slipped the bad boy right inside! I believe the product of choice in those days was Cherry Ice!

Maren said...

I'm a Carmex girl myself. I have tubes of Carmex all over the place; in the car, in my purse, scattered around the house. I also use Vaseline every night. I've never been into lipstick and lip gloss, mainly because I always forget to put it on!

Kerry said...

I went through a carmex phase once as well. I decided there are much more pleasant smelling, and looking products out there that do the same thing, so I have moved on to bigger and better. Ha ha! Actually, it is probably more like trendier and more expensive! And if your gloss can double as your lip balm AND lipstick, I say go for it!

Kayli said...

Hey--I just bought myself some Burt's Bee's chapstick for my stocking! Generally though, I really like ChapStick Moisturizer. It's nice.
For church, when I remember, I wear Mary Kay lipstick (two shades) but it seems like it just goes away quickly.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for your thoughtful comment on my last post. I kinda was thinking I was a nerd to write all that, so I was glad to see it did elicit some soul-searching from others.

And yes, I think letting Avery mop the floor is a FABULOUS idea! :)

Kris said...

Hi! I just got a bunch of links that Ashley Swenson had from friends back in the Lafayette 1st ward. I remember you loving lip gloss! I think the YW loved that activity we did making lip gloss! I also really like the Burt's Bees lip shimmer in cocoa. Nice color and love the minty tingle! I'll have to try out some of your favorites!