Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May...where has it gone?

I have SOOOOOO much going on in my life right now, and I really need to get it down in writing, but I have had a hard time sitting down and doing it.

As of today, I am 2 days away from being 36 weeks into my pregnancy. I have my c-section scheduled for June 18th, which leaves me 3 1/2 weeks before our new little baby joins our family.

These are the things I was wanting to get done before the baby comes.

1. finish the basement
2. get new couches for our living room upstairs
3. get new carpet for the basement as well as the living and dining rooms on the main level.
4. Clean out my stamp/craft/junk/guest room and move it all down to the basement.
5. Paint the old stamp room pink.
6. Move Avery into her new pink room.
7. Get Logan a new dresser and nighstand so I can give his dressers to the baby.
8. Set up the baby's room (currently Avery's room)
9. Pull out all the baby boy clothes from Logan to see what can stay, and what can go, and what I might still need to get.
10. Make a bunch of freezer meals to stock my freezer to make cooking meals less of a chore.
11. Pick out tile for the basement (for the entry from the outside)

These are the things I have gotten done:

1. ordered couches. They are supposed to arrive a week AFTER the baby.
2. basement mostly finished, but discovered a leak from the front of our house, so our carpet installation has been put on hold.
3. picked out carpet and need to order and set a date for installation.
4. made 4 freezer pizzas
5. Chose the tile...but still need to buy it and install it.

That's all folks! I am going crazy! I had Logan's birthday and birthday party that were my priorities last week, so now that that is over, I can get cracking on cleaning out my stamp room and making some freezer meals.

The best part of all this, is that right after we had painted the newly drywalled basement wall, we discovered some water coming in. After much investigating, we realized the water was coming in from behiind the stonework on the front of our house. Tony pulled all the stone off, and we have some MAJOR wood rot going on. It is not a simple, easy job to fix apparently, cause a few of the guys we had come out to give us estimates said it was beyond what they are capable of doing. We have received two estimates and are waiting on one more. I can't wait any more though. It HAS to get fixed! Until that leak is repaired, we can't finish the basement. My plans for moving my craft stuff have had to change slightly. I now need Tony to clear out space in the storage closet he built so I can just move my stuff into it for now. My goal is to get that room cleared out this week, so I can get Avery's room painted after Memorial Day and move her in. Then I can at least get the baby's room set up and ready, and feel like I will be ready for the baby to come, regardless of the basement and other issues.

The hard part to all this is that sometimes it hurts to walk (thank you lower back pains and pelvic joints or whatever the prob is)which makes it hard to be efficiently productive. Not to mention that my feet are starting to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and the need/desire to prop them up comes every so often. If I can get my kids to really help pick things up that they scatter all over the floor, that would be a great help. I just can't bend down to pick things up very well at all. I need one of those trash picker upper thingy's. Or as Logan calls it, a "grab-nabber".

I will try to be better at documenting this wonderful journey over the next few weeks, and hopefully get back in the habit so I can continue blogging about baby when he arrives. Speaking of...we also need to decide on a name for this little guy.ANy suggestions? And serious ones please. Not Sirius (Black), or Jacob (Black) or Jack (Black), or other things like that. I don't have time for funny anymore...no offense!

2 comments:

Mary said...

By the way, we love our boy names:
David Jason
Steven Allen
Grant Ryan

Jason also has a couple brothers with cool names:
James Daniel
Adam Michael (love the biblical overtones!!!)

Did you know that Isabella is the #1 girl name now? I love that name but would hate for people to think I named my kid after a pop culture icon.

Kenny and Amber said...

Good luck getting all your stuff done! I had a similar list, but since Lucy decided to come over 2 weeks early, I didn't get most of it done. When she was born we didn't even have a bed set up for her! I had bought some diapers and a few clothes and blankets, but nothing was washed as we had just gotten home from our shopping trip when Lucy arrived. It's okay though, we are just glad she is here and healthy. Good Luck with everything, we will be praying for you! Sorry, no name suggestions - good luck with that too!