Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Newsletter 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone! I realize some of you will be starting to receive our Christmas card, which directed you to our blog to hear about what's new with us! And I haven't even posted anything interesting for a LONG time! So here is our Christmas Newsletter, that had I been more on the ball, I would have had typed up and included with the cards I sent out!




The first item of business...our Christmas Card picture. No, Santa and Mrs. Clause are NOT Tony and I. Just had to clear that up! Ha ha! We took the kids to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa, and Mrs. Clause happened to be there as well. It was a good thing, cause Avery didn't want to sit on Santa's lap, but she had no problem with Mrs. Clause. This was the first year that neither of my kids were scared of Santa, so I had a good picture to use!

Let's start at the beginning of 2009.

January

Tony turned 34.

I was released from my church calling as Relief Society Enrichment Leader (aka...the social committee for the women at church...ha ha!)and was called to teach the Valiant 10 class in primary (9 and 10 year olds sunday school class).

February

Avery turned 2! We celebrated with a Pinkalicious birthday party, complete with tiaras and pink cupcakes.




May

I turned 32.
Logan turned 5!His favorite present was his pet beta fish named Nemo, and his new big boy bike!




Logan also graduated from pre-school.


Logan played Micro Soccer for the second time. This time was more successful than in the Fall, but we still have a long way to go! We took a break from soccer this Fall
(2009) but might try it again in the Spring.




We said good-bye to our best friends here in Kansas who moved back to Utah. It was sad to see them go, but we keep in touch, and have opportunities to see them when we go to Utah to visit.




Tony was released as an early morning Seminary teacher after teaching for two years. He was called as Elder's Quorum President instead. Not sure which is the more difficult job!

June

Tony and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We spent a week-end in Durango, CO while Tony's sister Suzie watched our kids. We had a nice time. That was the first time we had been away from our kids overnight!

We met up with Tony's family on Blanding.

We camped.



We saw a bear!




We helped out Tony's family with the round-up.(Well, Tony helped out, we just hung out and watched.)



We went to San Diego and went to Legoland!



July

The kids and I spent time in San Diego visiting my parents while Tony went back home to work. We had so much fun!

Logan went fishing with Grandpa!



We went swimming!



But best of all, we played with Grandma and Grandpa!





Tony flew back out to help drive us home. We stopped in Enoch (Cedar City, UT) to visit Uncle Jeff and our cousins and had a fun time visiting them!



August

Now back home in Kansas, I was released as the Valiant 10 teacher, and called to be the Primary Music Leader. This is definitely a fun, but challenging experience for me!

Logan started Kindergarten!He loves going to school and learning so much! I can't believe how big he is getting. Time goes so fast.



Tony also started school this month. He was given the opportunity to be an adjunct professor at UMKC (University of Missouri Kansas City). He taught a power plant design class once a week, on Tuesday evenings. He has enjoyed being Dr./Professor Black this semester!

September

Tony's parents came back from their mission to Africa! We got to drive back to Blanding for their homecoming and big African party! Tony's parents brought everyone back African clothes, so we all dressed up and had a fun time!



October

We got the exciting news that our family will be growing! We are expecting our third child in June 2010! Logan and Avery are super excited to have a new baby brother or sister. Avery says she is having a baby sister, and Logan says he is having a baby brother, so I hope someone isn't too disappointed when they don't get what they want!I have been way more sick this time around than I ever was with either Logan or Avery.

Halloween this year wasn't quite like normal. We all started coming down with the flu Halloween week-end, and spent a rather miserable end of Ocober, beginning of November. Glad that is over with!

November

This month was a busy one! We had the privilege of having Great Grandma Avery come stay with us for a week. She is my grandma, my mom's mom, and the only great grandparent still living. My kids had a good time getting to know Great Grandma Avery. I never lived close to my grandma, so this was probably the most time I have ever spent with her one on one like this. I was not feeling very well while she was here, and didn't even take any pictures.

Thanksgiving brought us more company. Tony's parents came to visit and spend the holiday with us. We loved having them here so we weren't all alone. And I appreciated having Mom around to help out since I woke up Thanksgiving morning really feeling terrible.

Tony's dad helped him get some electrical work done in the basement, so now we have lots of lighs and outlets! We are anxious to get the basement finished, and hope to have it done before the baby is born!

December

We will be enjoying Christmas alone again this year, but we are looking forward to the time together. Merry Christmas everyone, and Have a Happy New Year!



















9 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

What a great post!! That was fun to look back on your families year. Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

Congrats, Kerry! Can't wait to meet another little Black baby!

Vicki said...

Congratulations! Hope you start feeling better soon. Merry Christmas!

Andrea said...

Congrats, Kerry on your new addition. That's awesome! Your kids are growing up so much. It was fun to catch up your past year. Sounds like you've been busy. Tell Tony we said hi! (And that we're sorry he gets to be EQ Pres. AGAIN, but we know he's wonderful, so I'm sure they just couldn't resist snatching him!) Merry Christmas!

NW Varneys said...

That was even better than a typical Christmas newsletter becaue of all the pics. :) Fun to read. I was realizing we had sent people to our not up-to-date blog, too...but we have good intentions for the coming year!

I love that "social" is misspelled on the sign on Logan's 1st day of school pic....lol

I can't believe how old Jeff and Merrit's kids are getting to be--wow!

And we are so excited to hear your baby news--CONGRATS! So sorry you are so sick, though. :(

The Sorensen Bunch said...

your kids are soo darling!! CONGRATS on the new babe! soo soo sorry about the morning sickness...It is NOT fair,I think it should get easier when you already have kiddos at home. Your year sounded great, and it was great seeing pictures of your mom...is everything all better?
Happy Holidays...our family newsletter does not go out until Feb. BUT we may wait for our little guy to arrive in March and do a Easter one. I had my black feast...thanks for doing it!

Kenny and Amber said...

I was SO excited to hear that you were expecting as well - congratulations! It will be fun for the little ones to have a cousin their age. I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick, and hope you get feeling better soon! Thanks so much for the wonderful gifts!!! I am so excited to use the cookbook! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jill said...

Congrats on the new one to come. What a fun year your family had.

Lark said...

Congrats (again) on the baby. Sorry you have been feeling crudy. That was a great re-cap of the year - I thoroughly enjoyed it!