Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009!

Wow! We have had a great time this summer, and it is hard to adjust to real life now that we are home! We left June 11 for our 6 week extravaganza. We got home almost a week ago. I have a lot to write about, so sit tight!

10 Year Anniversary

I almost can't believe it has been that long, but Tony and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on June 11. We were fortunate enough to have Tony's sister Suzie watch our kids for us so we could enjoy a week-end in Durango, CO to celebrate. We left home Thursday evening June 11 and drove 5 hours to Colby, KS to stay the night. We drove the rest of the way to Durango on Friday, and got there around 6 p.m. Tony's brother Andy and his wife Alicia met us in Durango, and we had dinner with them to give the kids some time to warm up to them. They were nice enough to drive the kids back to Blanding to Aunt Suzie's house, where they stayed for two days! I have never been away from my kids that long before, so of course I was worried about how they would do, but they were great! They had a fun time playing with their cousins. I am so greatful for wonderful family members who I know I can trust to take care of and love my kids. It makes it easier to know they are in good hands.

Tony and I haven't had time alone without kids for 5 years, so it was a very nice break. We just wandered around Durango and looked at the shops, went and "listened" to a vacation package presentation at a campground resort and got free tickets for the Bar D Chuckwagon. We had a fun evening hanging out there, despite the rain! I am glad I convinced Tony to leave the umbrella in the car when we were packing for our trip! It came in handy for sure!

The next day we checked out of the hotel, and went down by the river for a while to watch some kayaking competition. It was pretty cool! There was a 7 year old little boy totally doing all these flips in the kayak, it was crazy! I could never imagine Logan doing anything like that two years from now. He barely learned how to doggy paddle!


We decided to head out of Durango, and spend the day at Mesa Verde. This place is way too huge to see everything in a few hours. I would love to go back again another time. It was really fascinating to see all these Indian ruins in one place...and many of them right next to each other. I can't imagine living on the edge of cliffs like that...how did the mother's stay sane with children living there? Yikes! It would have been neat to actually see this civilization living for real...history is so fascinating!Of course, I didn't even think about taking pictures when were in Durango. I never think about it until after the fact! It was our anniversary, and I didn't have anyone take pictures of us!I took pictures at Mesa Verde, but again didn't ever get any of us together.




There weren't people around when I thought of taking pictures of each other, and of course when there were people, it slipped my mind. I am a horrible photo documenter! So, sorry. Not many pictures of us.



After we left Mesa Verde, we drove back to Blanding to see Tony's siblings and their families, and our sweet kidlets who we missed terribly! When we got there, they didn't seem to have missed us all that much. They were having WAY too much fun! I am glad. I would rather them be happy and content, than sad about being away from us.

1 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Happy Milestone Anniversary!!! Anniversary trips are VERY much looked forward too for sure...they are priceless!!! Yeah, living around indian ruins I have really wondered HOW those Indian mothers did NOT go CRAZY worrying about thier kids falling off of a cliff.I think they must have had ropes tied around thier waists to their waists! ha ha