Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Finally!

I FINALLY did something I have been wanting to do for a LONG time this last week! I joined the gym! I know there isn't any dance involved, but there are classes, and that's what I enjoy doing. I am not very good at motivating myself to work out. I decided that I really needed some classes to hold me accountable. Since Logan has started Pre-school, I figured that the 2 1/2 hour block that he is there, MWF, would be a great time for me to exercise. I signed up at Bally's, since they had a really great deal at the time, and I know another girl from church who goes there as well. They have Yoga on Mondays and Fridays, and Pilates on Wednesdays during my time slot. I have gone to the pilates class twice now and it is a killer! It has been really hard for me, and I enjoy pilates!I was sooo sore last week after wards, but that was great!I met with the trainer on Friday for my free session, and then tried Yoga on Monday, and pilates again today. I have never been sold on yoga, but I will give it a chance. I just really really hate downward dog! I remember doing that in my modern dance class at BYU, and hated it then, and still hate it now. Especially when you do it about 500 times in one hour!

I have been taking Avery to the childcare, and overall she does fine. The first day she didn't cry at all. Each time since then, she cries when I leave her, but only for a bit and then she is fine the rest of the time. She loves the slide and is always playing on it when I go pick her up!

Anyway...I am really happy. I am enjoying having that scheduled time to go, where I just fit it into my routine for the day, and it works great. I love having that time for myself again after all these years, and I can already tell a difference in my emotional state just by having that release.I never used to consider myself someone who got stressed out easily, but have noticed that I have turned into a stress basket lately. I haven't had my normal form of stress release.

So, hooray for me! I hope to be able to maintain my enthusiasm and continue to go on a regular basis. So far so good!

6 comments:

amiee said...

oooh i am super jealous! reminds me of the good ol' days when i was single and spent tons of time in the gym...hahaha. i am just like you. i hate working out on my own. love gym classes. HOWEVER since i've moved to the boonies, the gym is over 30 minutes away from my house which makes it pretty much impossible for me to go. Plus Jase is too young for gym daycare. and the only gym option here is gold's, but it is kind of old and the class instructors kind of SUCK. (i used to go a couple years ago). So do some yoga for me!!! Have fun! I bet it is so fun to have a little "kerry release time," huh? :)

Lorilee said...

Good for you Kerry! I know what you mean about the stress release. I also just feel better the weeks that I am good at going. I have been peeking at the classes at the Y, and you just might have convinced me that I should take a class. Especially now that AShlyn is not crying so much there.

Whitney said...

Way to go! That has been my routine for the last 2 1/2 years and it is the best. Although this year I have started going before dropping Avery off at preschool. Childcare is the best. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Way to be kerry.

Marisa May said...

Great job, Kerry! I need to be motivated to work out, too. Lately I haven't done anything except work on the house when I get a break from the kids.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

GOOD for you!! I am an absolute fan of gym memberships. I ALWAYS have done so much better when I pay for them. I guess it is the cheap gal in me--getting my moneys worth...and YES the classes are my favorites too. I remember a past post you asked people what they did for a hobby. My response would have included a gym membership. I am NOT a fan of pilates or yoga--I like more of the kickboxing, step, aerobics classes. For some reason I have to feel like I am going to throw up to feel like I am exercising.BUT pilates and yoga are a HUGE trend now...so I should probably give them a chance too!

As for San Diego.I hope we did not miss too much. I would be sad, and I would not blame you! ha ha We were so busy with the beach and Sea World. I cannot fathom fitting in any more!I will be posting more "homesick" pictures.It is hard moving away from the beaches..I understand. The McD's we stopped in was in El Cajun, wasn;t that where you lived? I am curious...now that I have been to SeaWorld-what was your jobs there?