Monday, August 04, 2008

Summary

I really need to get back in the habit of blogging! I am soooo behind!

So, I thought I would just give a brief overview of what's been going on round here lately!

1.A few weeks ago we had a surprise visit from our good friends from Indiana...Gigi and Craig, and their little people that are the same ages as our little people! Logan and Logan are about 2 weeks apart, and Avery and Bergen are a week apart.It was such a fu surprise and we had a great time! It made me so sad that we can't get together more often.Thanks for pro-longing your travel time to stay with us!

2.Only a few days after their visit, we were lucky enough to get more company! Tony's brother Andy and his wife Alicia came to visit for the week-end. We had so much fun having them here, and the kids loved their Aunt and Uncle being here to play with! Logan was so sad when it was time for them to leave, becuase he wanted them to live with us.

3.Last week, I had the good news (to me) that some good friends here in my ward weren't going to be moving after all. Even though they really wanted to go, they felt it wasn't right at this time, so they are staying. As selfish as it may sound, I am very glad they are staying!

4.My friend Hillary(see #3) and I went to see Mamma Mia! It was so much fun, and a really great, happy-feeling movie! I have had the songs in my head ever since (even dear, sweet Pierce, in all his effort!) There were only a few downers, when there were some things they had to throw in, that of course didn't need to be there. I don't know why they ruin such good things like that. If it wasn't there, absolutely no one would miss it. I really don't think people would leave the theater saying, "You know...that was such a a great movie, but it would have been much better with "this" thrown in, or if so and so were to do "this", or if they said "this". Nope...no one would have ever known it was there. It does nothing to add anything to the story, there is no point of it at all. That's really disappointing to me. But, anyway, it was still a fun movie overall.

5.Friday night I went to a "Twilight" party, and then a few of us went to the midnight release party for "Breaking Dawn" at Border's. I got home around 1:30 a.m. and stayed up until about 4 a.m. reading. I basically read all day Saturday, and finished up the book Sunday night. My eyes are tired!

6.Sunday was Avery's first official day in nursery! I have taken her in the past two Sunday's to get her used to it, and Tony and I took turns staying in there with her. Yesterday, we were subbing in Logan's sunbeam class, so we couldn't stay. I stayed for the first hour, and then snuck out to go be in class with Tony. She was perfectly fine! Yippee!

7. I made a pretty tasty recipe for dinner Sunday night. Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas. I thought they had a really good flavor, and were definitely different than the usual.

I have my enrichment night coming up this week, so once that is over, hopefully I will be able to get caught up again!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

I'm so glad we got to stop and see you Kerry! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you... for having us. Now when are you coming to Lafayette?

Ben and Keenan said...

What are your thougths on Breaking Dawn?!!