I know I am behind on posting this! I have been trying to figure out how to post a video clip using blogger, but it won't show up on my post..only when I preview. It's driving me crazy! If anyone has any input for me, please let me know!
So, Sunday was my birthday. The big 31. That's crazy! I am now officially in my
30's. It seems weird.
I had a nice day. I usually don't like my birthday on a Sunday, because I can't go out to celebrate anywhere, but this year I really didn't mind. In fact, I enjoyed it more I think since we were all together as a family. We went out to dinner as a family Saturday night to a restaurant called Zio's. It has really good food, and a nice atmosphere, and the prices are actually less than Olive Garden.I had a yummy salad, that I couldn't even get through before I was full! It was nice.
Sunday,we had Stake Conference. Tony had volunteered to be a shuttle, so he dropped me and the kids off at the church at 9:30 a.m., and we were actually able to get seats on the soft benches rather than the hard folding chairs.It was nice. The bits and pieces of talks I was able to hear while juggling wiggly, squirmy children, were really good. Avery was very tired, since it was her morning naptime, so Tony took her out hoping to get her to sleep. She didn't go to sleep. That's the one drawback about having a child who only likes to sleep in her bed!
After church, we came home and fed Avery lunch and put her down for a nap, while Logan rode his tricycle around the cul-de-sac. We usually try not to participate in these kinds of activities on a Sunday, but we made an exception due to the beautiful weather, and my birthday! Besides, I had to try out my birthday present! I got what every "little" girl wants for her birthday....a bike! I haven't had my own bike since I was 10! It was really fun. Logan was so excited about it, he couldn't keep the secret. That morning, he came up to tell me to come downstairs to see my birthday present...he couldn't tell me what it was because it was a surprise. Then he whispered..."Shhh...it's a bike!" I love it! He was so very happy to be able to have mom ride bikes with him! I really enjoyed myself as well. I can't wait to go for family bike rides. Tony needs to get a new rim for his bike, and I want a bike trailer so I can pull the kids around.Then we will be all set for loads of family fun!
Tony had Seminary Graduation at 4 p.m., so he left around 3:30. He got home around 5:30, and started making my birthday dinner and cake. He asked me the previous day what I wanted him to make, and it was a hard decision. I don't normally think about what my favorite meal is. I am always thinking about what everyone else's favorites are! I finally decided to have him make chicken fajitas, since I remember that being one of my favorites when I was young. I also made pico de gallo and guacomole and we snacked on that for lunch. Yum! I love mexican food, and having my birthday practically on Cinco de Mayo makes it a very good reason to eat it. Anyway...I decided to have him make Texas sheet cake, since my friend Maren just posted a recipe on her blog and it was calling me. It was all delicious, and probably tasted even better since I didn't have to make it!
Before Tony left for Seminary graduation, I opened my presents. Of course there was the bike (yippee!) My kids gave me the first two books in the Twilight series...Twilight and New Moon. My mom gave me a sheet set to match the new bedding I got for Christmas. My sister gave me a Scentsy fragrance warmer. I am very excited about everything! It was a happy day.
But that's not the end. I have a few other fun things planned this month, and I am counting all of them towards celebrating my birthday!
On Thursday of this week (May 8th) I am going to see Stephenie Meyer on her book tour for her new novel "The Host"! I can't wait! I am going with 5 other ladies from church. Two of them are wives of members of the Stake Presidency! It will be so much fun! The thing I have really enjoyed about getting "obsessed" with Stephenie Meyer and her books,is that I have been able to bond and develop friendships with women that I might not normally associate with. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because our paths don't seem to cross, we are at different places in our lives (with small children, with grown children), our callings prevent us from getting to know one another, etc. It has been really fun to have something to "connect" and bring us together. It's been great. Anyway...back to the tour. I have only had the first two Twilight books on my Mp3 player, so I was anxious to get the actual copies of the books so I can take them to see Stephenie and have her sign them. She will sign up to two other books besides "The Host", so I really wanted them for that. I will wait and get "Eclipse" at the end of May when the special edition comes out, which will feature the first chapter of "Breaking Dawn", the fourth book which comes out Aug.2. See? I am excited!
The next thing on my month long birthday celebration is on May 17th. I am actually having Logan's 4th birthday party that afternoon, but at 4 p.m., my friend Hillary and I will be heading to the mall for a facial at Philosophy. If anyone has any good suggestions of products they like from this line, please let me know! I have to purchase two things!
Then, last but not least, on May 23rd, Tony and I are going to go see the musical "Wicked". I can't wait! It's been a long time since I have seen something like this.
So, that's the basic outline of my birthday month! It should be a good one!
Of course I don't have any pictures. Tony didn't take many, and the ones he did take didn't turn out very well. I will have to take a picture of my bike and post it soon. It's a sweet ride! Ha ha! I have no clue what is good/cool in the bike world, but I trusted Tony to know. He came through for sure! He got me a Touring bike, which is not a road bike, and not a mountain bike. How's that for a description? The best part is that is has a bell! Logan loved it! he kept wanting me to ring the bell! It just made me laugh everytime! How can anyone take someone seriously on a bike with a bell? Oh well, it is fun. It's not like I am going to be joining the Tour de France anytime soon. Or at all!
Well, on to my day! I have to make Logan's birthday party invitations and get to the post office before my friend drops off my Stephenie Meyer book tour ticket and copy of "The Host". I know I am going to want to read it as soon as I get it, so I better get other things done first!
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Sounds like you're going to have a great month! I'm so glad you got your bike!
Have you seen Wicked before? You will LOVE it, however, the book is HORRIBLE, so don't bother with it. Happy Birthday Month!
Happy Late Birthday!!! I sent a package to you from Mom and Dad. It should get there tomorrow. Sorry it's so late. You really need to put up some pictures of your bike and the bell. It sounds like you guys had a great day!
Happy happy birthday, Kerry dear!
Happy Belated Birthday welcome o the 30's club!--Cant wait to see pictures of the sweet ride!!! You will have to tell me if the host is as good!
Wow. That was a lot of catching up. Happy Birthday, girlfriend! Kind of jealous with the hole bike, "Wicked", Stephenie Meyer thing going on! Enjoy it -- Sound like an awesome time you'll be having!
More than a week late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a fabulous birthday month (sounds like you will!) I'm jealous of all your girlfriend trips, too.
Post a Comment