We have kind of started an un-official family rule in our house about having birthday parties every other year, starting at age 2. When Logan turned 2, we had a party for him (no gifts) and invited our graduate school friends and their kidlets who were all close to the same age. We had his party in our backyard. We knew we were going to be moving away 4 months later, so we thought of it as a last hurrah. Since we had a party for Logan at 2, we had to have one for Avery at 2 as well. Last year was her Pinkalicious birthday party, so this year was just a family party. Since we don't have any family close, it was just the four of us to celebrate. Avery kept saying she wanted a purple party, with purple cupcakes and hot chocolate to drink. So that's what we did! The night before her birthday, I put a purple plastic tablecloth with Tinkerbell on the table. We had a bouquet of 3 balloons, two purple latex balloons, and one mylar balloon...with tinkerbell of course. Then we had matching tinkerbell plates and napkins and party blowers.
I gave Avery a birthday outfit that was all purple as well. She was so excited to see her "purple party" when she came downstairs that morning! It was so cute! She got to open her birthday present from Logan that morning before Logan went to school. Her latest book obsession has been "Ladybug Girl". Logan got her a second one called "Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy". She loved it! And the two of them switch back and forth playing "Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy" and "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Dont' ask.
When Tony got home from work, she opened the rest of her presents. She got a pair of "ugg-like" boots and a kit with toy hairbrush, curling iron, hairdryer, flatiron, lipstick, perfume bottle and curlers. I also gave her some headbands, so she was having a great time "fixing" her hair. She got a pretty church dress from Grandma and Grandpa Bowden, and a cooking set and apron from Grandma and Grandpa Black. The apron was an Aunt Jody original and is so stinkin cute! She loved it, and had to put it on immediately and "make" stuff.
After she opened gifts, we went to "Red Robinhood" for dinner. I think it's so cute that she called Red Robin, Red Robinhood! We came home, sang Happy Birthday and had purple cupcakes, then went straight to bed! I think she had a great birthday! I can't believe she is already 3, and such a big girl!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Happy Birthday Princess Avery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
awww she is SO CUTE and looks like a perfect combo of you and tony! hee hee!
awww, so cute!! Happy Birthday Avery girl!
What a wonderful thing to have a daughter, isn't it?! You have "Purplicious" right? There is also a "Goldalicious" book. "Pinkalicious" is still the best. Last night Liz got sick and threw up, and it was pink since she had a pink sucker earlier in the day. It was sad to be sick, but we decided she was definitely pinkalicious.
Thanks guys! I am a slacker and her birthday was February 2!
Yes, Mary we have ALL the pinkalicious books. Avery got Goldilicious for Christmas. I agree that Pinkalicious is the best.
Oh my stars!! I cannot believe how big she is getting!!! happy birthday, Avery girl!
Post a Comment