
Today marks the end of Logan's first week of school!I am so proud of my boy! He is growing up so big, and is so sweet and so smart. When I was in the hospital after he was born, I was all hormonal and emotional and overwhelmed, and wasn't sure I would know how to take care of him. I remember the sweet nurse that calmed my fears by saying " Don't worry. He'll make it to kindergarten." And here we are!
Logan's favorite color is yellow, so he got to wear a nice bright shirt for his first day of school. We had to have the "red" plate! It was definitely his special day!We had blueberry french toast and bacon for breakfast. Daddy stayed home later from work so we could have breakfast together, and take Logan to school together. It was nice being all together as a family for breakfast that morning. That rarely happens!
It was a rainy day, so Logan insisted on wearing his rain boots, although I am pretty sure they are about two sizes too small. He said they felt fine. Funny kid! We had originally planned on walking him to school, but due to the rain, we drove instead. We just parked down the street and then walked up to the school. He changed his shoes when we got to school. He didn't want to get his new school shoes wet!
It was so crazy! All the kids and their parents were all heading towards the school at the same time. There was a lot of energy and excitement in the air, so it was hard to be sad. I was excited for Logan! While walking up to the shool, we saw the school mascot, a bald eagle, ride up to the school on a motorcycle! It was so fun! We had to get a picture of Logan with the Eagle of course!
Logan got to his classroom, and put his backpack away in his cubby, then found his seat at his table, where he was told to start coloring a picture of a monkey. It said "My first day of Kindergarten was a swingin' time!" I took his picture at his desk, and then gave hugs and kisses good-bye! He didn't seem to care about us leaving!
When I picked him up from school, he was so excited and said" I did better than preschool!" I love that kid!
Every day, they go to a specials class. Monday he had Spanish. Tuesday was computers, Wednesday was music, Thursday was art and Friday is PE. He also got to go to the library yesterday and learned about what is good and bad to do to library books. I think next week he will actually get to check out a book to bring home. How fun!
One thing he has been so concerned with is eating lunch. He keeps wondering why he doesn't get to bring a lunch to school, and why he can't eat lunch at school. I keep telling him that he only goes to kindergarten in the morning, and gets to come home to eat lunch. After having to explain this lots of times, and telling him he could eat lunch at school next year when he is in first grade, I think I fgured out his confusion. I think he thought that only kindergartners went to this school, so he kept wondering why there were tables to eat lunch at if he didn't get to stay to eat.When I finally explained that lots of older kids went to his school, all the way through 5th grade, then I think he started to understand. I guess I will see if he asks about it again.
I always thought I would cry when sending him to school. Amazingly enough, I didn't! However, when he came home from school and I was going through the things he brought home, there was a cute little project he had made. It was a piece of paper mounted on some yellow cardstock that said "These little piggies went to kindergarten" and then there was a paint print of his toes! That's when I lost it and the tears came.My baby did make it to kindergarten!
Now I just need to get used to the getting up early schedule, and we will be all good!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Logan's First Day of Kindergarten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Way to go Logan! Those are some cute pics. They grow up too fast, don't they?
Grandma Avery says: We are very excited to hear about Logan going to school! Sounds like a great talk you gave; you are doing agreat job and I am proud of you. I am staying here at Julie's for a week. Go home in 1 more day. Been seeing lots of things and doing lots of fun things in this neck of the woods. Beautiful country. Looking forward to coming to your house in November! Love ya!
PS Julie says Hi, too. :)
Post a Comment