Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!

I thought I would update a bit before I leave on our great cross-country adventure.Tomorrow is my last full day to get ready for our trip. We plan to leave in the afternoon on Wednesday.I still have several errands to run, some laundry to do, and finish packing. Craziness.

So, yesterday I sang in church. It was a last minute thing, but it was an easy arrangement of my favorite song, so it wasn't hard to prepare for. I was just a bit nervous since it was my first musical debut in our new ward (besides choir). O.k., there were actually 3 of us, but still. We sang Sally DeFord's arrangement of "Come Thou Fount". Did I mention how much I love this song? It was especially beautiful because we had a violin and an oboe as well. So pretty. It gave me chills. I would have loved just listening to them. Anyway, I think it went pretty well.Glad it's over.

So, this morning we had an appointment to take our van to get serviced. Tony was supposed to meet me at the car place after his dr. appointment. I ran around like crazy trying to get me ready, and gather up some supplies to prepare for the card class I am going to teach while at my mom's house. They told us it would be about 2 hours, so I figured I would wait, so I wanted something to do. Well, Logan didn't wake up until after 8, and so I hurried and got him dressed, and made him toast to eat in the car. I loaded him and all my stuff, then woke up Avery to put her in the car. I finally got us all loaded by around 8:40, only to discover that the battery was dead. Arggghhh! So, I unloaded everyone, and Logan was crying beause he wanted to go, and I was mad because I had woken up Avery and I knew she wouldn't go back to sleep. I had to call the car place and tell them i was coming later, and then I had to call the doctor's office to tell Tony that I needed him to come home to jump the van. Anyway, it all worked out in the end. It was my fault that the battery was dead however, so I can't blame that on anyone but myself.

Last night I was trying to figure out stuff on my new mp3 player. I discovered that the Kansas libraries have free downloads of audio books and cd's. You have to "check" them out, so if they are already "checked" out, you have to place a hold just like you would if it was an actual book. Of course the books I wanted were all checked out. Anwyay...I was trying to download some audio books to listen to on our trip. Well, then I told Tony that I needed a cable to plug the mp3 player into the van. He told me he had one so I was really excited to try it out. Tony, Logan and I all went out and sat in the van and listened to music from my mp3 player in the van.I happened to turn on the reading lights for Tony to read the manual for the stereo system. He and Logan went in after a while, but I stayed and listened for a while. Silly, I know. Well, I forgot to turn off the reading lights, hence the dead battery this morning.Duh!

And another note. Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. We didn't do a single thing to celebrate other than say "Happy anniversary". Sad, I know. We are planning on going out to dinner when in San Diego so my parents can baby-sit. That will be really nice. There was just too much to think about with getting ready for our trip, that we didn't even try to squeeze in our anniversary. All I have to say is that by year 10, we better be able to celebrate in style. I will give us one more year of blah anniversaries, but by #10, it better be good. Like a trip somewhere, or maybe even a wedding band to go with my ring. I didn't want one at first, but now I think I do. I want lots of sparkle.Ok. 2 more years. I can wait.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy anniversary! Woohoo! Our 8th anniversary was in April, but we didn't celebrate it until May. That's the nice thing about being married is that you know you'll still be around next month to celebrate!

I'm jealous of your library.

amiee said...

hey kerry, last time I checked your blog you hadn't updated it in a while, and tonight i checked it and wow, you have put a ton of stuff in it! first of all, your kids are seriously adorable. And I LOVE their names. If you are good with kids names (obviously) you'll have to read my blog and help me pick a cool name for my baby boy. I am at a loss!!!

NW Varneys said...

Hi Kerry!
I love "Come thou Fount," too--I wish it was still in the hymnbook!
BTW, I forgot your email address, so here is our blog address: aaronandjulie719 dot blogspot dot com. It is mostly a photo blog, so not nearly as interesting as yours. :) It's also a couple of months behind, but we are going to update it this week. It does have links to all the siblings', though. Check it out when you have time! Miss you!